PEOPLE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP PLEASE READ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
decoyseye

New Dual Champion Gordon Setter

decoyseye

[55th D]

Front Row:  Introducing Dual Champion Tartana's Digging-est Dog JH aka "Duke". 55th Dual Champion in breed history.

Kneeling: Trainer/handler Jeanie Webb, Owner Patti Young, Owner Randy Young.

Standing: Judge Phil Wachuta, Judge Frank Waters, Amateur handler Cassie Allen.

[Photobucket]

Reflections of the weekend: A major win in Open Gun Dog, A second in Limited Gun Dog, and major for the finish in Amateur Gun Dog.  All in one weekend.  In Open the brace mate stepped in front of Duke and stole the point he held steady.  In Amateur the brace mate blew by his point, then the bird flushed back and hit him in the face, he held steady.  When it's their time, its their time.

[Photobucket]

And the toast: “My wish for you, my sporting friend: May every cast catch a fish, May every shot hit its mark, and

May you always have a good dog by your side."  As recited by Featherman.  Pictured are Randy and Patti Young proud owners of Duke, many other fine Gordons, and their little buddy Gilligan.

Congrats to the Randy and Patti Young a true Southern gentleman and belle this has been a long time coming, Jeanie Webb and Cassie Allen, and Phil and Holly of Tartana Kennels Duke is the 5th dual from Tartana Kennels including Duke's Grandpa the most titled dog ever in breed history.  By the way Duke finished his bench championship on July 5th in Dekalb, IL.  Randy is a lurker on this site, so say something nice and he'll have to actually post back.

Firelight
Congrats to all.  Good to see the tradition continue out there.  Some familiar faces in that group!  :)

Featherman

I've already said a lot but well done and well deserved!

Jon

fuess

Great job out there!

Might make some believers out there!

fuess
Forgot to ask??  Is that the trophy that you gte when you win something??  (and I dont mean the ribbons!)

frak

I'm not comletely sure what all of the titles refer to, but, believe me, I am both impressed and very, very happy for all.  Way to go!

And what a handsome, happy boy!  

frak

Chris Raymond
Not to take the discussion away from the dogs...congratulations!, but that was seriously dark Oban.  Is there another bottling out there of which I am not aware?

decoyseye
Not to take the discussion away from the dogs...congratulations!, but that was seriously dark Oban.  Is there another bottling out there of which I am not aware?

frak,

Dual Champion indicates a field championship and show championship, JH is junior hunter.  He was a happy boy after the run and was happy with all the fussing after placements were anounced.

Aaaahhhh trust me your not taking the discussion on a wrong turn.  I believe it was a bottle of Oban Distillers Reserve, distilled twice, available only in Europe.  He has been saving it for about 5 years for the Field Champ side of this and it ended up being for the Dual.

fuess

Dont much about the bottle of spirits in question, but knowing the gentleman who provided it, I am sure it will get the job done!

I think Frank wshould be considered for the VP spot, as I know the President/CEO job is already filled!

Lucky to be part of the Tartana legacy!

sdgord

Having hunted with Randy out here last season, I can only say that it was a well deserved set of wins.

Two firsts and a second place in that quality of competion says a lot for the dog and trainers and the breeding behind the dog.SDGORD

decoyseye

Randy sent an email stating that he forgot his username so he can not log in but thanks everyone for their support and comments.

Provided an update on the Oban:

"The Oban is a Distiller's Edition, double matured in Montilla Fino sherry casks.  I've only seen it in Scotland and Amsterdam.  Bought it in Amsterdam, as when we left Scotland, I thought I could get it in the states - WRONG!"

Dave Gowdey

Congratulations!  That's a major  accomplishment that you should all be proud of!  

Now just make sure those great genes get out there to contribute to the breed.  :laugh:

ckfowler180

Congrats on the wins!

I watch these things a little more closely now with a young Gordon pup at home even though the AKC trial venue is not my game.  I basically live between Jeann and Jesse so if this pup did end up with extra fire in her belly...

Crayborn

Congrats!!!!!

Now post up some pics of that chess set/shot glass case....I need to build one.

GritsGuy

Yeah, I'm finally back!  

Thanks for all the kind words!  We felt like the Dual Championship was coming, especially after he finished his Conformation Championship last month.  We never thought he'd do it after the stakes were only worth three points, not the 4 needed.

Anyway, he put together a great weekend after recovering from Lymes this summer.  3 points came from the Open Gun Dog Stake and he got 2 more from the Amateur Gun Dog.  The 2nd in Open Limited was a nice plus.

The checkerboard is a Jump Shots game from Gander Mountain.  They had them on close out last year for $19.95, down from $39.95.  We needed shot glasses for the toast and Patty remembered it being in the camper.