• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Sign in to follow this  
Briarscratch

Upland Tradition, Pheasants vs. Grouse, etc.

Briarscratch

For those new to the board, those who take things too seriously and those who are insecure in their "upland identity"  all the chaff about Upland Tradition and the whole Grouse vs. Pheasant being the King debate and a whole lot of other stuff is...

A JOKE!

And given the time of year it there will probably be a whole lot more coming to a theater near you.  So those of you who are all pissed off that the pheasant or the chukar or the quail isn't the UJ mascot get over it. And those of us who think the world revolves around the majestic limb-sitting wood pheasant need to cool out on the snobbery (even if we're right).

Try not to let a few stale, over-played jokes turn this place into an on-going pissing match that ruins your day.  We're all here because we like to hunt birds with our dogs regardless of breed, quarry, gun or vest style.  That's the bottom line.

There, that's my New Year Rodney King rant.  

ccavacini
Does this mean we'll have pheasant decals next year?

PartridgeCartridge
Snob.

Hunshatt
Does this mean we'll have pheasant decals next year?

Only if the King (Brad) is overthrown, or one of phez rebels buys the site

ANF grousin

Try not to let a few stale, over-played jokes turn this place into an on-going pissing match that ruins your day.  We're all here because we like to hunt birds with our dogs regardless of breed, quarry, gun or vest style.  That's the bottom line.

1159416062popwfI.jpg

The one on the left is obviously the grouse hunter

Ralph Ford
It's settled then.  I'll buy the place!!  Anyone got change for a twenty?

mschaefer
For those new to the board, those who take things too seriously and those who are insecure in their "upland identity"  all the chaff about Upland Tradition and the whole Grouse vs. Pheasant being the King debate and a whole lot of other stuff is...

A JOKE!

And given the time of year it there will probably be a whole lot more coming to a theater near you.  So those of you who are all pissed off that the pheasant or the chukar or the quail isn't the UJ mascot get over it. And those of us who think the world revolves around the majestic limb-sitting wood pheasant need to cool out on the snobbery (even if we're right).

There, that's my New Year Rodney King rant.  

The revolution will never die.  It will always be there, simmering just below the surface, maybe out of sight, but never out of our thoughts.  Occasionally it will surface, such as when we whip up on the grouse wheenies in the June chicken challenge, then it will go underground again.  We've got a pheasant on the masthead now, faced off with the sacrificial limb chicken.  Progress has been made.  Welcome to the Revolution!

charlo slim
Oh...... so it is all a joke??  Sweet baby Elvis, that is such a relief -- kindof restores my faith in fellow man.  Probably should not admit this, but I was really starting to think some of you fellas actually hunted the slow, drab, ruffled ones... perhaps even using shotguns, maybe even with dogs!

Briarscratch

Oh...... so it is all a joke??  Sweet baby Elvis, that is such a relief -- kindof restores my faith in fellow man.  Probably should not admit this, but I was really starting to think some of you fellas actually hunted the slow, drab, ruffled ones... perhaps even using shotguns, maybe even with dogs!

Don't forget flush counters.  You're not really bird hunting unless you're stopping to fiddle with your lanyard after every "contact".

sxsneubaum

A JOKE!

There is jocularity on this site?? I have taken everything on here as gospel and revered you all as demi-gods of the uplands.  I am crushed, my spirit is broken, I'm giving my double guns away, hunting ducks and deer, trapping cats and freeing them in the countryside, starting a wolf and lion release program in Illinois, sponsoring atv tracks throughout the USA's uplands.  You are all dead to me.

Briarscratch

"JOCULARITY!  JOCULARITY!"

mulcahy3-sized.jpg

browndog
hot dang ... I take that to mean I can put that short LOP, excessive DOC, DT, Ex, POW, 20 bore, piece of Americana back on the rack and carry a decent O/U. when hunting ruffled gravel eaters.

Brad Eden
It's settled then.  I'll buy the place!!  Anyone got change for a twenty?

A Twenty gets you Contributing Member status! But you can continue to suck up bandwidth for free--its voluntary. :oops:  :p

Brad Eden
I should post all the PM and e-mail threats to my life and limb and family I am getting from Pheasant hunter members. They are a rough gang. My lawyer told me to keep them private for now.

Iver

huh?

charlo slim · Posted on Jan. 03 2010,9:13

What about the ATV cruising, 22 toting ground pluckers... can't they play here too?