Sign in to follow this  
Hunshatt

project upland tradition

Hunshatt

found some fragments of this project on various threads, figured I'd put it all together....so I can add to it as it progresses

Gun is a 1925ish Ae fox, 28" barrels, #3's,  6.2oz(when I got it)...... At first I thought I wanted a higher grade fox, but the more I look at the deep blocky engraving, the more I find I prefer this look, on theses guns

It's getting a restock. I had thought about new case colors as well, but after thinking on it, figured French Grey'd...after paying attention, the look of the old, wear marks looked better than new cc ever could.... so it's only going to get the barrels, trigger guard and skeleton butt plate reblued......

The plan is to keep the 16ga classy and the  30" 20ga sterly's gonna get all the neon/low rider up grades..... :devil:

DSC_5503.jpg

DSC_5505.jpg

DSC_5511.jpg

DSC_5514.jpg

oldae-Copy.jpg

new blank and the start of the new work

DSC_5477-1.jpg

DSC_5478-1.jpg

DSC_5480-1.jpg

DSC_5482-1.jpg

TimsstockLeft1.jpg

TimsstockRight.jpg

oiledstickAe.jpg

Finally on hte stockers bench, for fitting and reassembly

foxassymbly.jpg

inprogress.jpg

newFa.jpg

NHBirddogger
I'll give you $500 for it next year after you find out you can't hit anything with it.

Hunshatt

yur gonna be late to work jackass.....

tell you what, give the 500 to a dog trainer, so yur pups can see what the world looks like, outside thier kennels, and I'll give you the gun

popplecop
Looks to me it should be a great looking Fox when done.

bobman
Tim its going to be beautiful, you sure have some nice guns.

Hunshatt
thanks guy....I'm lucky to stumble into good deals , and know people with talent and connections

Too Dogs

Looks like another good project.  

There's a quality and characterto those old guns that the new imports just can't seem to match.-Too Dogs

NHBirddogger
yur gonna be late to work jackass.....

tell you what, give the 500 to a dog trainer, so yur pups can see what the world looks like, outside thier kennels, and I'll give you the gun

Deal! Know anybody that knows of a good dog trainer?

wkburns
Beautiful looking gun. I agree with leaving it alone as far as engraving. Can't wait to see more.

ghostdog
sweet.

ghostdog
You know, Brad could save some bandwidth if he would add a "like" button.

tut
Always has been my dream gun the Fox 16 Gauge AE (actually the lottery dream is the Fox 16 CE).  I agree with not redoing the case colors.  PS.  Save the old stock.  If its ever sold some collector will want it for sure.

mike campbell
So was that an earlier restock to straightgrip that kept the short triggerguard or....?

PartridgeCartridge
So was that an earlier restock to straightgrip that kept the short triggerguard or....?

It was actually a conversion of what was probably a round knob.

Chukarman

The gun looks good, Tim. Actually, the engraving on your AE grade is cleaner than most. If we ever get together to kill things, bring this gun.

M