Hunshatt

project upland tradition

Hunshatt

couple more up dates

timsfoxskeletonshowingplugswebsize.jpg

timsfoxstockroughshapedwebsize.jpg

Chukarman

Tim

I like the lines of the grip. It should finish up looking good.

tut
Now, is that more of a POW grip and less of the standard Fox round knob?  Sort of feels exactly like a straight grip, (unless you have Labron James hands) because your hands/grip don't extend all the way back to the knob?  PS.  I like it.

shorebird
Dig the skeleton butt. All doubles should have them.

Hunshatt

thanks guys..... the stockers doing a really really nice job.

Tut, I guess it's more of a POW. The stocker kept shaping the grip while I shot it, so thats pretty custom as well. He assimilated the starting grip dimensions of a couple of guns I have , and we went from there

I was concerned the blank wasn't fancy enough for this gun(I'd had that one in the basement for around 10 years) It' looks like its gonna be plenty fancy for this project....

the plugs are there, to cover some butt boring to lighten it.  I prefer a slightly weight forward bias on my guns, so in essence my 28" gun will handle more like my 30" guns....

Bonasa
Looks great Tim !

wkburns
Looking sharp Tim! That's going to be a fine looking and handeling gun when you are done.

bosco mctavitch
I was concerned the blank wasn't fancy enough for this gun(I'd had that one in the basement for around 10 years) It' looks like its gonna be plenty fancy for this project....

This could be the understatement of the month!!  Little figure in addition to the smoke...pretty fancy looking to this kid...

RookieEP

This could be the understatement of the month!!  Little figure in addition to the smoke...pretty fancy looking to this kid...

x2 You dirty slut Tim.  

I'm way jealous.

tut

Have your stock maker mist it with water and take a picture or two and post it.  Then we can all drool uncontrollably.  

This shows the evolution of my life.   30 years ago I'd be sitting on the street corner in Tokyo looking at all the young Japanese ladies stroll by at lunch time and have my heart quicken, and now I'm thinking about a totally different kind of wood.   :D

PS.  That is certainly longer lasting wood anyway.

Bonasa

x2 You dirty slut Tim.  

I'm way jealous.

Concur....I would be proud to have that stock on any gun...and tim is a dirty slut...

Hunshatt

tim is a dirty slut...

:blush:  :blush: .....I didn't think I was that transparent :down:  :down:

ANF grousin
This shows the evolution of my life.   30 years ago I'd be sitting on the street corner in Tokyo looking at all the young Japanese ladies stroll by at lunch time and have my heart quicken, and now I'm thinking about a totally different kind of wood.   :D

Nice way to sneak in a little GA in there, I like. :devil:

Hunshatt

Have your stock maker mist it with water and take a picture or two and post it.

like this......?

tims20fox20stock20rough20shaped20we.jpg

I'll send him a note to see if he can take a money side shot..... may be awhile... he's notoriously unreliable.. :glare:

Hunshatt

you and I both Dave......

the stocker was pretty sure it was going to be a nice blank... I wasn't so sure..... in fact I almost sent him a couple of different blanks I had to have turned instead of that one... guess I'll have to trust his judgment on the next one's he's doing for me......