FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Phred

From The Kitchen

Alan Briere

Did this with pheasant for Thanksgiving. Deeee-lissshhhhh!

Alan

Mntngoat

I cooked up 3 pheasants last night using Rick's recipe and they were great. This recipe seems to work well with most upland birds.

Thanks Rick.

Michael

x Bred Pointer

Rick,

I tried a variation of this recipe tonight on 4 grouse I had left in the freezer.

I followed your recipe all the way through, however, I didn't have any chicken broth so I used about 1/2 cup of water mixed into 1/2 cup of Chinese oyster sauce. I added this to the minced onion in the pan drippings and drizzled it over the cooked grouse. Very good served with Caesar salad, red pepper jelly and a side of warmed sauer kraut.MMMMMMMM.  

Bob

polecat
Here it is. It's that time again.

ANF grousin
I made this last night for a season ending feast.  Ended up changing it slightly when our host told us he just received a bottle of home made wild raspberry wine.  Instead of baking for 15 minutes, I added the wine to the cast iron pan and simmered the grouse breasts for 10 extra minutes.  The pecan/panko mix started to come off while simmering, so I added more just before serving.  We finished off the wine with the meal and enjoyed some exceptional cigars afterwards.

Hub
I finally got around to trying this recipe with 3 grouse last night.  I paired the grouse with some wild rice and grilled asparagus and my wife raved about it.  Thanks for the recipe Rick.

thegray1
I tried your recipe last night with ruffed grouse and a couple quail backed with a nice shiraz.  My wife and I were both very impressed.