• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Crowbird

Who are you listening to?

Wildbird
I was a little surprised reading over the lists. I can't get away from my John Prine station on pandora. You guys are way more hardcore than me.

Kansas Big Dog
Just went to take the empties to the recycler and pick up a few full ones; my music is on random and listen to this; Shake That Thang by Ray Charles, thati'l do

Spin

Vangelis, Opera Sauvage - L'enfant

Musical theme that was used twice in the movie "The Year Of Living Dangerously". This music was very popular after the movie came out and L'enfant even aired on popular rock stations for a time and was also used in a TV commercial for

Old Style beer. I tried very hard to track down a recording a few years later even writing G. Heileman Brewing Co., as well as the movie's production company as the title isn't mentioned in the credits and this music doesn't appear on the movie's soundtrack recording. Finally got it a few days ago.

Spin

Ben Hong
Like most people, I first encountered Vangelis' music in the movie "Chariots of Fire", when it was used as the theme and soundtrack. I was a fan of electronic/synthesizer music after that. Vangelis and Jon Anderson (YES) collaborated on several projects including the album Jon and Vangelis[/i. My direct-to-disc vinyl version is one of the treasured pieces in my collection.

LivermushBiscuit

Split Lip Rayfield

Alder

Silly Wizard

Kate Rusby

Battlefield Band

Capercaillie

Eva Cassidy

Old Blind Dogs

Victoria Police Pipes & Drums

Wailing Jenny's

Lucy Kaplanski

Verde

NC Quailhunter
The flavor of the month has been Floggin Molly and the Pogues and some other Irish rock bands.

tricker

current playlist has recently included

sevendust

godsmack

disturbed

avenged sevenfold

five finger deathpunch

stone sour

my happy music!!!

Today:

Nine Inch Nails

Marilyn Manson

Godsmack

Type O Negative

Judas Priest

The Animals

Led Zeppelin

Saving Abel

The White Stripes

Cage the Elephant

The Cult

AC/DC

Olaf

Kansas Big Dog
Took the hounds on a walk this morning, listened to Tres Hombres (ZZ TOP) on the way there and Aja (Steely Dan) on the way home.

Kansas Big Dog
sevendust

I have a song by this band that kinds reminds me of my relationship with my wife from time to time.

Unraveling

The flavor of the month has been Floggin Molly and the Pogues and some other Irish rock bands.

I've seen The Pogues live three times. GREAT show and yes their teeth really are that bad.  Best Irish rock band IMO is Stiff Little Fingers. Saw them in NYC... I was GODSMACKED.

Today:

Type O Negative

Olaf

Pete Steel used to write songs for my old room mates band. Roger told me that when TON got the royalties for Slow Deep and Hard, the whole band went out and bought Harleys. Hahaha. I heard Pete died... True? He was a good dude.

The Cult is one of my favorites...we have very similar taste.

current playlist has recently included

sevendust

godsmack

disturbed

avenged sevenfold

five finger deathpunch

stone sour

my happy music!!!

Stone Sours drummer was one of my closest friends once upon a time.

Kansas Big Dog
I was GODSMACKED.

Have to check them out, never listened to much Irish rock other than Thin Lizzy.

Is that better or worse than being bitch slapped.  You know, slapped by your female bird dog :D