16 hours ago, dogrunner said:

5D00B33E-1032-4C52-9119-0EA448BA8C99.jpeg

I still have my Montrose album. 

topdog1961

For the MOPAR fans. 

topdog1961
12 hours ago, Dave Erickson said:

I still have my Montrose album. 

I played that and Mitts, who was lounging peacefully at my feet on the patio, got up and walked 10 feet away and gave me a real PO’ed cat look. 

He’s definitely not a fan. 

7ABF912B-8DDA-4A51-88AE-D77F864B48AA.jpeg

topdog1961

Being transplanted hillbillies, my entire extended family is turning into huge Tyler Childers fans. We know every place he sings of. But I feel like a hypocrite. Some of his lyrics are as course as the rap songs I used to raise heck over when my step kids played them 25 years ago. My only defense is that I’ve mellowed with age and am not as judgemental. Or maybe I am guilty of a double standard after all. This is the cleaned up version of Feathered Indians. 

And we know Virgie well. We know in Eastern Ky every family has their own cemetery up on the hill, because flat land is to precious to bury people on. Some day they’ll follow me to Marrowbone. 

dogrunner

043095BE-FE30-4BB5-A100-3AAC7E70B3C9.jpeg

Lurch

Found an old Maynard Ferguson "Chameleon" cassette tape from my youth last night. thank goodness I've still got an "antique" boombox that recognizes what those miracles of music were...

Chief Paduke

Played this while out at the kennel. The dogs sure got wound up. 

Ben Hong
10 hours ago, Lurch said:

Found an old Maynard Ferguson "Chameleon" cassette tape from my youth last night. thank goodness I've still got an "antique" boombox that recognizes what those miracles of music were...

I saw Maynard in Toronto in the very early 60s. Although he was impressive, he was not my cup of tea.

Lurch
1 hour ago, Ben Hong said:

I saw Maynard in Toronto in the very early 60s. Although he was impressive, he was not my cup of tea.

I really liked his albums, but I saw him at Pike Highschool  in Colorado Springs in the early 80's and was turned off a bit. He seemed (to this youngster) to be quite inebriated and his contributions were just a few screaming licks, then "This is MY band" type comments. Was in awe of his range, but at least at that show, his band (also with amazing range) did all the heavy lifting and he was taking all the credit.

JWP58

I've recently discovered Jeff Crosby (after his collaborative writing with Micky Braun)

Big Al
3 hours ago, Lurch said:

I really liked his albums, but I saw him at Pike Highschool  in Colorado Springs in the early 80's and was turned off a bit. He seemed (to this youngster) to be quite inebriated and his contributions were just a few screaming licks, then "This is MY band" type comments. Was in awe of his range, but at least at that show, his band (also with amazing range) did all the heavy lifting and he was taking all the credit.

My wife and I had a similar experience with Gordon Lightfoot.  He sat on a stool with his guitar and sang his most popular songs with no energy.  Never talked to the audience or even looked at us for that matter.  Might as well been listening to his CD.  Worst performance I've ever attended.

dogrunner

66866565-F24A-4187-A818-28ECDF93108B.jpeg

Irishwhistler

I love Radie's haunting vocals.  Give her a listen.

Cheers,

Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

walt lister

Se a shanty

Love his voice