• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Crowbird

Who are you listening to?

this thread has been going on so long, I've slipped back to another '70s thing. Glitter instead of glam this time though.

Slade-All their best

The Sweet-Desolation Boulevard

Bay City Rollers-best of

David Bowie-Diamond Dogs

T-Rex- various downloads

Ramones-Ramones Mania

I was GODSMACKED.

Have to check them out, never listened to much Irish rock other than Thin Lizzy.

Is that better or worse than being bitch slapped.  You know, slapped by your female bird dog :D

They were a punk band from the '70s you might think that are a little "coarse". Still they were amazing live. Thin Lizzy is awesome as well. They do a great version of one of my favorite songs... Whiskey in the Jar.

PartridgeCartridge
Do you still have a mullet Scotsman?

Fishnfowler
Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn

Today:

Type O Negative

Olaf

Pete Steel used to write songs for my old room mates band. Roger told me that when TON got the royalties for Slow Deep and Hard, the whole band went out and bought Harleys. Hahaha. I heard Pete died... True? He was a good dude.

The Cult is one of my favorites...we have very similar taste.

I haven't heard that he died, If he did that is sad.

What else should I be listening to?

Thanks,

Olaf

Do you still have a mullet Scotsman?

I never even knew anyone with a mullet. I went 9 years without a haircut. Mullets require meticulous care.

How about you? still got that John Denver thing workin ?

Today:

Type O Negative

Olaf

Pete Steel used to write songs for my old room mates band. Roger told me that when TON got the royalties for Slow Deep and Hard, the whole band went out and bought Harleys. Hahaha. I heard Pete died... True? He was a good dude.

The Cult is one of my favorites...we have very similar taste.

I haven't heard that he died, If he did that is sad.

What else should I be listening to?

Thanks,

Olaf

sxounds like you got it covered. The Cult and Hanoi Rocks really were the original Guns and Roses. The Cult morphed from an old punk band called Southern Death Cult. Unfortunately The Cult worked their way up and Guns and Roses were just label manufactured BS, and with all that label money, they were "positioned". I can't stand Axle Rose...rascist @sshole. They used to drink at a club in the village called The Scrap Bar...  I heard Bill Duffy sits in on reformed Sex Pisrtols gigs sometimes. That would be fun to see.

Just googled it, Pete died last year.

ThomGordon

Black & White Night

Roy Orbison

320x240.jpg

provident
Gee I'm still listening to Mitch Miller and I still haven't found that damn ball!

PWZ
Pete Steel used to write songs for my old room mates band. Roger told me

In no way did I ever assume there would be someone here into Agnostic Front.

Ben Hong

Black & White Night

Roy Orbison

320x240.jpg

I have the same dvd and I play it a lot.

Anyone who can get superstar ladies like Bonnie Raitt, Jennifer Warnes and k.d. lang to sing back-up was the biggest superstar of all.

frak

Today:

Nine Inch Nails

Marilyn Manson

Godsmack

Type O Negative

Judas Priest

The Animals

Led Zeppelin

Saving Abel

The White Stripes

Cage the Elephant

The Cult

AC/DC

Olaf

Geez, Olaf, turn it up to 11.  I have a vision of you out in the field wearing 9-inch platform boots, playing air guitar on your Browning, and your setter with a big ol' spike collar.  She already seems to have an eye patch, which is cool.