• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Crazy Horse

Engraving/Money Clips;

Crazy Horse

Just finished (17-NOV-17) this English Pointer.

(Actually, I need Brad to consolidate all these photos....Hint, Hint.......

English Pointer 2017.jpg

Jakeismydog2

how long does it take for you to make one of those? they are truly amazing

Crazy Horse

It all begins as a flat piece of material (nickel silver). First I layout the ellipse then transfer the subject (dog, bird etc) to the metal and begin cutting. After I complete the engraving I hand saw out the outline and then file it smooth. Next comes the initial polishing. After that I bend it to shape and last a final polishing. All in all, depending upon how much detail, background removal and scroll work it comes out to somewhere between 10 to 15 hours.

Here's a photo of what it looks like before being cut to shape. You can see the picture it evolves from in the background.

Eng Pointer 1.jpg

Crazy Horse

Just finished cutting thisone and will bend it to shape tomorrow. My fingers are tired from hand polishing it.

Second pic is completed money clip.

Grouse JAN 2018.jpg

Grouse JAN 2018b.jpg

dogrunner

Nice work. 

Crazy Horse

Two more ready to be bent to shape. Need to find a bench top band saw suitable to cut metal. Right now I have to hacksaw and then file to shape. This takes much too long.

Sideplates 01-18.jpg