• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Crazy Horse

Engraving/Money Clips;

Crazy Horse

Just finished (17-NOV-17) this English Pointer.

(Actually, I need Brad to consolidate all these photos....Hint, Hint.......

English Pointer 2017.jpg

Jakeismydog2

how long does it take for you to make one of those? they are truly amazing

Crazy Horse

It all begins as a flat piece of material (nickel silver). First I layout the ellipse then transfer the subject (dog, bird etc) to the metal and begin cutting. After I complete the engraving I hand saw out the outline and then file it smooth. Next comes the initial polishing. After that I bend it to shape and last a final polishing. All in all, depending upon how much detail, background removal and scroll work it comes out to somewhere between 10 to 15 hours.

Here's a photo of what it looks like before being cut to shape. You can see the picture it evolves from in the background.

Eng Pointer 1.jpg