FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Peent

Pork on the Weber

foureyedgeek
I usually leave the skin on the shoulder, isn't that what they call cracklins?  I pulled it up and put the rub on.  We'll see how if tastes tomorrow...

Ben Hong

Yesterday's dinner...9lbs butt, EGG cooked and smoked for 14 hours, at an unwavering 275 F. Sides were Carolinian cole slaw, vinegar based sauce, and FF sweet potatoes. Dessert was strawberry shortcake (neighbour's berries).

It was all superb, if I must say so myself. DSC_0022.JPG

SODAKer

Just pulled two butts off the BGE. I like to smoke with a mixture of hickory and apple wood chunks at 200F for 14 hours then wrap in foil. Melts in you mouth.

Also I usually cook the second one for freezing. Simply vacuum pack until ready for eats. I put the frozen butt in the crook pot with a little vinegar and cook on low to thaw out/heat up.

fase3
Am I glad I found this. Took out a feral hog this morn saw it(young sow)first time on Mon. going across one of my back bean fields here at the farm. She comes in at about 125 lbs. and had been feeding on my neighbors corn crop. Will have a bunch of company and one of the recipes here will be used on one of her roasts this Sun.

J.J.
Did Peent ever tell us  how his cooking turned out???

B du B

I need to check in on UJ more often -just did 30 lbs. for a 4th of July BBQ, from 3 10-11 lb. shoulders.

I used my Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, but you can do it on a kettle just the same - just need to tend the fire more.

Peent
Did Peent ever tell us  how his cooking turned out???

Turned out pretty great, will def. do that again.  Next time I will get one of those grill grates that hinge up, would make it faster and easier to re-load with charcoal with less heat loss.

Laminarman

Just saw this thread.  Weber Smoky Mountain, with Kingsford CANNOT be beat.  This is all you need to know:

http://virtualweberbullet.com/

My staples are BRIT (Best Ribs in the Universe) and Renowned Mr. Brown pork butt with Carolina sauce.  Make sure you know how to use the Minion Method to light the Weber; set it and almost forget it.

Ben Hong
Just saw this thread.  Weber Smoky Mountain, with Kingsford CANNOT be beat.  This is all you need to know:

My staples are BRIT (Best Ribs in the Universe) and Renowned Mr. Brown pork butt with Carolina sauce.  Make sure you know how to use the Minion Method to light the Weber; set it and almost forget it.

I'll bet my Big Green Egg, and raise you Royal Oak lump.

Escopeton
Yesterday's dinner...9lbs butt, EGG cooked and smoked for 14 hours, at an unwavering 275 F. Sides were Carolinian cole slaw, vinegar based sauce, and FF sweet potatoes. Dessert was strawberry shortcake (neighbour's berries).

It was all superb, if I must say so myself. DSC_0022.JPG

Ben, that's is too good.  Superb.

Laminarman

I'll bet my Big Green Egg, and raise you Royal Oak lump.

You are on dude.  I use apple wood off an old, old tree on my property. My wife thought I was NUTS spending a weekend sawing it into discs and chunking it into nice smokewood.  I usually use two chunks of apple and one hickory for ribs and 2+2 for butt.  All very, very good.