Sign in to follow this  
jbeck

2012 UJ Fly Swap

jbeck

OK, entry is closed (unless I am somehow bribed by people wishing to get in late - contact me for details on appropriate forms of bribery).

Here are the list of participants:

jbeck - beadhead pheasant tale nymph

Talon1 - BWO parachute emergers

Field Grade - some kind of sculpin dressing with grouse "cheeks"

john mcg - Mercer's Golden Stone Epoxy Biot's

Escopeton - cdc emerger

Grifish - flymph

tartanshooter - Hendrickson emerger

LostintheUplands - ants

Rusty Trigger - ???

Seeing as we have 9 participants, how about we each tie an even dozen.  We'll donate the extra 3 of each pattern to Brad for his use (personally or for a site auction, however he sees fit).

Sound good?

I am going to PM everyone now with my mailing address and other details.

Update: PM has been sent to all participating members.  If you are on the list above, and did not receive a PM from me, please let me know!  Thanks!

john mcg
Kool Beans!

JK SE PA
I won't be able to use anything from game harvested this year ( :down: don't ask), but I notice there is only one streamer in the swap.  I'm new to tying, but if you want another streamer pattern tossed into the mix let me know.

LostintheUplands
I won't be able to use anything from game harvested this year ( :down: don't ask), but I notice there is only one streamer in the swap.  I'm new to tying, but if you want another streamer pattern tossed into the mix let me know.

Fine by me, you can never have enough streamers.

Lost

jbeck

Jeff, you're in if you still want in.  Just let me know what you are tying, and tie up a dozen.  We'll be back to giving Brad 2 sets of flies, which isn't a problem.

Here's the list now:

john mcg - Mercer's Golden Stone Epoxy Biot's

Escopeton - cdc emerger

Grifish - flymph

LostintheUplands - ants

Rusty Trigger -???

JK SE PA - ???

JK SE PA

John,

I'll tie up some streamers. I'm not sure what kind yet, but you will get a dozen of whatever it ends up being.

Rusty Trigger
Ok, so after playing around with the feathers that I have I come up with a nice little nymph.  I will call this the "redheaded step child", as it is mainly tied with feathers from a drake Redhead and has a shellcasing most likely from a rooster pheasant wing.

jbeck
Ok, so after playing around with the feathers that I have I come up with a nice little nymph.  I will call this the "redheaded step child", as it is mainly tied with feathers from a drake Redhead and has a shellcasing most likely from a rooster pheasant wing.

Sounds awesome!

Rusty Trigger
Got the first 1/2 dozen down.  A few things I have learned.  I tie mainly saltwater flies for redfish, so they are pretty good size, plus some pretty big bass flies.  I have realized that tying small flies requires a bit more dexterity than I have, must be the tfat fhumbs.  Also, a whole duck can tie probably a couple hundred thousand flies.  Oh yah, that #70 thread is kicking my butt, might as well be tying with cat fur.

jbeck

An updated list:

john mcg - ice cream emerger

Escopeton - cdc emerger

Grifish - flymph

LostintheUplands - ants

Rusty Trigger - redheaded step child nymph

JK SE PA -  whatever type of streamer tickles his fancy...  :p

Rusty Trigger
Finished my dozen!  I think they look pretty good and can't wait to fish one.  I will send off in the mail manana.

tartanshooter

12 Hendrickson emergers are in the mail, also I have more flies than could be possibly be used in another lifetime, so I added 12 Grannom sparkle pupa and 12 GRHE.

Dick

JK SE PA
Flies will be in the mail today.  I ended up tying a version of the slumpbuster that I tie with rabbit instead of pine squirrel.  I think it gives a little bit more movement and a bigger profile.  I hope they produce for everyone.

Escopeton
Mine are tied.  Try to get them in the mail today.

jbeck
Thanks guys. I'll get them back out the door as soon as they all come in.  I wound up tying some bead head emergers instead of the nymphs. I don't really know what to call them, other than somesorta beadhead emerger. They do catch fish, though...