REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CdnWingShooter

NRA "Enabler of Death" Video

CdnWingShooter

As I'm not an American, so I don't have any axe to grind regarding US gun legislation.  Saw this commentary by Bill Moyers regarding the NRA, and thought it was unusual for a tv journalist to express such a frank view -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012....58.html

Hunshatt

As I'm not an American, so I don't have any axe to grind regarding US gun legislation.  Saw this commentary by Bill Moyers regarding the NRA, and thought it was unusual for a tv journalist to express such a frank view -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012....58.html

define "frank"

BTW Moyer was a comedian(and not very good at that either) , turned politcal  pundent... along with jon Steward... it's where , unfortunately , much of the US population get's thier slant on "news" ... not understanding most of is is editorial's

EDIT:

mixed up moyer with Maher...sorry, ... he's a PBS left winger.... pandering to a left wing audience....

john mcg

I find it very difficult to believe that an honest and thinking individual with some awareness of our world, would actually believe what this guy is communicating.

That is pretty much what comes to my mind on the subject.

Chubs

It actually has a definition. Please see below:

frank

adjective

direct and unreserved in speech; straightforward; sincere: Her criticism of my work was frank but absolutely fair.

without inhibition or subterfuge; direct; undisguised: a frank appeal for financial aid.

Pathology . unmistakable; clinically evident: frank blood.

Archaic . liberal or generous.

Obsolete . free.

CdnWingShooter

define "frank"

saying what he really thinks...not sugar coating it so as to not offend some folks, or for fear of the NRA's wrath

drummer's stump

Its a real bad deal, they are going to come hard and fast. The NSSF has been working really hard to get people to see the fun and enjoyment that can be had with the AR platform. Then someone does off the deepend and gets the urbanscumsuckingliberals all lathered up.

I don't know who the senator was, but one of them made a statement, as to why not one person had PDW in theater. The journalist was shocked, and said that was just what we needed was more guns. Then they cut away for the senator, and urbanscumsuckingliberal journalist went off on the amount of ammo the guy had. its just a real bad deal all the way around.

If we let them win, England's gun laws are going to look great to us.

Hunshatt

define "frank"

saying what he really thinks...not sugar coating it so as to not offend some folks, or for fear of BRAD'S wrath

oh I get it now....

PartridgeCartridge

Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns. Even if all the guns dissapeared from the face of the earth, people would still kill people with swords, knives, clubs or rocks. Or cars or buses or planes or water cannons, or poison or disease.

Disease, just think about that as a weapon and how much more havoc a single person could cause if he set his mind to it.

Kinda almost makes you wish that dude could get his hands on a gun just to limit his carnage.

People will continue to kill people for eternity. You can't stop it.

Cooter Brown

I thought it was the Tea Party's fault.

Pathetic.

Virgil Kane

I know by far more people that have driven inebriated that I know people that have taken shots at people with guns.

I know by far more people that have driven inebriated than I do that belong to the NRA.

Isn't driving drunk like doing a drive-by with blanks? Just a matter of time before the $heet hits the fan?

Isn't driving drunk against the law?

How about the 11 people killed in a minivan rollover down in Texas? I don't hear anybody saying that was wrong to have that many people in a vehicle. Kind of like a minivan with a high capacity magazine isn't it?

Hearing about this garbage is tiresome. Not from the people here but from the news media.

Every liberal news entity feels that they have the answer as long as you go with what they are saying.

Like PartridgeCartridge said "people with continue to kill people for eternity. You can't stop it"

Virgil

Greg Hartman

First, it goes without saying that my thoughts and sympathies go out to the victims and their families.  I can't imagine how I'd feel if that demonic nutjob had killed or harmed someone I knew.  Nothing said below is intended to diminsh that fact in any way.

It's way too bad that there was no one in that theater who was carrying (pursuant to a valid carry permit, of course) with the presence of mind in that stressful situation to take out the scumbag with a headshot, or at least put a couple rounds into his body armor to distract him.  The tragic toll would have been far less and we (gun owners/shooters) would be in a far better position.  When I've said this to people the only reaction I get is a look of disgust and a comment like "My Gawd, that's ALL we need - more damn guns!  Those people carrying guns would have just ended-up shooting at one another and there be an even bigger bloodbath".  From what I can see from my worm's eye view, the generally neutral, uninvolved public has been aroused by this and they are not coming down on our side.  Sigh.

Even if we dodge the bullet (so to speak) and no additional gun control legislation per se comes out of this, I still see very bad things happening from this.  The fact that the scumbag bought 6,000 rounds of ammunition legally over the internet will come back to haunt us.  The general public will see that as utterly incomprehensible.  I can hear it now: "No one needs 6,000 rounds of ammunition to hunt a deer!" - "How could our system let an ordinary citizen buy enough ammunition for a war?"  They have no clue that many here, for example, will easily shoot that many rounds in a year and probably have several times that much stored at home.  Along with some friends, I participated in an order for 100 flats of B&P target ammo direct from the factory in Italy - that was 25K rounds.  It wasn't that long ago that one could not buy ammunition online or through mail order; having that availability has made wide varieties of high quality ammunition available to shooters at reasonable prices - it's been a very good thing for us.  I think we've seen the end of it. Sigh.

MTRookie76
Not much to add other than I find it very ironic that an ardent supporter of abortion would call out the NRA on this issue. The left is a kooky bunch, just my .02 cents.

Chris Raymond
Even if we dodge the bullet (so to speak) and no additional gun control legislation per se comes out of this, I still see very bad things happening from this.  The fact that the scumbag bought 6,000 rounds of ammunition legally over the internet will come back to haunt us.  The general public will see that as utterly incomprehensible.  I can hear it now: "No one needs 6,000 rounds of ammunition to hunt a deer!" - "How could our system let an ordinary citizen buy enough ammunition for a war?"  They have no clue that many here, for example, will easily shoot that many rounds in a year and probably have several times that much stored at home.  Along with some friends, I participated in an order for 100 flats of B&P target ammo direct from the factory in Italy - that was 25K rounds.  It wasn't that long ago that one could not buy ammunition online or through mail order; having that availability has made wide varieties of high quality ammunition available to shooters at reasonable prices - it's been a very good thing for us.  I think we've seen the end of it. Sigh.

Greg--I've long wondered why the anti-2A crowd hasn't gone after the ammunition instead of the guns themselves given that guns would seemingly have the greater Constitutional protection.

Chubs
Not much to add other than I find it very ironic that an ardent supporter of abortion would call out the NRA on this issue.

Huh?  Oo.gif

MTRookie76
"Enabler of Death", not real hard to figure out.