2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hunts

Who's your favorite online cook?

Steve Hunts

Should have said online/television

For me it has to be Jacques Pepin.

Ben Hong

There was a little old Vietnamese lady who served a bowl of pho that Tony Bourdain called the best single dish he has EVER tasted in the world. I want to meet that lady, then wait my turn to sit at her table at the curbside in Saigon. She was featured in an episode of "No Reservations" (Bourdain).

For sheer entertainment and cuisine, I love Nadia G.'s program "Bitchin' Kitchen".

I absolutely loathe the contest shows, the reality cooking shows, Iron Chef America, etc.

Shrthrcrzy
I like Bobby Flay and Robert Irvine.

walt lister

They still show replays occasionally on RFDTV

popplecop
Walt, all the Cajuns I know did not approve of his show.  He did ok with the receipes though.

irish Eyes

I'd let Giada DeLorentis serve me peanut butter samiches for the rest of my life.

Never miss Alton Brown if I see that he is on.

For straight entertainment it would be Justin Wilson, I garontee.

12ette

Online, I nominate Ben Hong.  This based on the woodcock dish and the pork belly.  If Ron posted more recipes I would look to him.  

On TV I like Alton Brown.  I want the why more than ingredients.

Chris Raymond
I used to like watching the Two Fat Ladies (or whatever it was called) out of Britain for entertainment.  For trying to learn the why's behind something, I'll second Alton Brown.  Giada isn't hard to look at but she reminds me of a bobblehead.

looch
For straight entertainment it would be Justin Wilson, I garontee.

"Two reasons ah use aliv oil... 1, tastes gewd and 2, tastes geeeeeewd!"

I have the Julia Child box set - she will always be my favourite. Pepin is alright, but he went through a period of health-conscious cooking - which sucked. I like Lydia Bastianich when she is alone (i.e. without her immediate family present). I haven't seen Nick Stellino in a while, but he was good too.

Funny, you could say that if their show is on PBS, chances are that I'll like them.

looch
And my 2 cents on Giada - annoying as all get out. It's not just the Cheshire grin, it's the way she goes about things: using tongs to pick up green beans one at a time; cutting squares of whatever out of a sheet one by one instead of making fewer, larger cuts. Drives me up the wall.

gaberdeen
I like Iron Chef Morimoto. I ate at his resturant in Philly. It was about the best gastronomic experience of my life!

VT2MD_Grouser
Polecat

Laminarman
And my 2 cents on Giada - annoying as all get out. It's not just the Cheshire grin, it's the way she goes about things: using tongs to pick up green beans one at a time; cutting squares of whatever out of a sheet one by one instead of making fewer, larger cuts. Drives me up the wall.

Plus her head is six sizes too big and she says "Now add in a little mooooooozzzarreeeeeeylllllllaaaaa."  Lose the fake accent you knob.

I used to like watching the Two Fat Ladies (or whatever it was called) out of Britain for entertainment.  For trying to learn the why's behind something, I'll second Alton Brown.  Giada isn't hard to look at but she reminds me of a bobblehead.

X2 The Two Fat Ladies are really funny!