FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Brad Eden

NEW Vets By State Topic

ccavacini

Emergency Vet Hospital.  Fort Wayne, IN.  Save my Britt's life years ago.

http://www.nives24h.com/

WI Outdoor Nut

Just moved to fox valley, WI (appleton)- anyone have a good vet here they would recommend?

Other Areas:

Madison - Spring Harbor Animal Hospital - Dr. Link.

Tomahawk, WI - Animal Clinic of Tomahawk 715-453-4593

Hazelhurst, WI - All Creaters AH. 715 358-4300

Iron County Animal Clinic  

930 Selden Road, Iron River, MI

(906) 265-3111 () ‎

Phred

Cable/Hayward/Clam Lake, Wisconsin area,

Dr. John Mundahl

12942 Cnty OO

Hayward, WI

715-634-5996

He gets bird hunters and he has stayed late to pull porky quills for me on a Sunday.

Phred

Rhode Island

In the Reno, NV, area:

Kings Row Pet Hospital

3653 Kings Row

Reno, NV 89503

(775) 747-1211

This is the vet office we use and I recommend.  Owner and veterinarian Mark Ditsworth is a personal friend and avid bird hunter.  He runs a setter, but I try not to hold that against him.

Another popular vet in town is Klaich Animal Hospital.

1990 South Virginia Street

Reno, NV 89502‎

(775) 826-1212

A friends wife is a vet here, and although I've never been I've heard nothing but good things about them.  

Of the two, King's Row has easier access from I80.

The emergency vet clinic in Reno is located at:

6425. S. Virginia St.

Reno, NV, 89511

(775) 851-3600

Like any emergency vet it will cost you, but sometimes its an important resource to have.  The one time I have used them the experience was about as pleasant as could be expected, given the situation (snake bite) , and the doctor was patient with my phone calls checking in throughout the night.

RI

Curt

I can't say enough good things about Jennifer Weber DVM at Gaylord Veterinary Hospital near Gaylord, Michigan.

She took us in near the end of her work day with my dog bleeding all over her waiting room from an arterial cut in the back of her throat and saved the dog from bleeding out.

If I'm in Michigan hunting the northern lower peninsula, that's where I'm going if I need help.

Dick Sellers
In central Montana I can recommend Dr. Greg Carlson at Horizon Veterinary Service in Lewistown (406) 538-6134; and Dr. Katherine Parks at Parks Veterinary Clinic in Harlowton (406) 632-7838.  For very serious issues, Dr. Scherr at the Big Sky Animal Medical Center in Great Falls (406) 761-8387.

juneboy1

If you are in Eastern Arkansas for a duck hunting trip, (no upland birds anymore) Dr Jeff Hunter in White Hall Arkansas. 870-247-3283. He is a LSU grad and did his intern on a quail plantation in Georgia. He is a great vet.

Billy

RalphBeagle

In the Marquette Michigan Area:

Animal Med Ctr of Marquette

Kelly Mead and Dale Aho

3145 Wright Street

Marquette, MI 49855

(906) 226-7400  ~ 1-866-229-7961

24 Hr Emergency 1-800-422-3216

In Houghton, MI

Northland Veterinary Clinic

Kim Barna / Grant Olson

1111 Hecla St, Hancock, MI

(906) 482-3400

SamOtterKronk

In West central Montana I use The Animal Clinic in Missoula.    DR. Bill Duncan.  406-728-6900  

I had a bit of an emergency a few years back while hunting outside of Great Falls.  I ended up finding the Westside Animal Clinic with DR. Russell and Beth Hill.  I can't say enough about how they helped me out that night.  The price tag the next day was a shocker, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.  I was expecting double the costs.  I would definitely go to them again.  Their number is 406-452-4931.

Brad Eden
To Top, keep this going. I'll pin later, but want to wait because ironically Pinned Topics get ignored!

UplandHntr

Not sure how complete this is but I suspect there's a vet in almost every area. Not a recommendation on my part - but if you're in an area and need a vet ASAP - use the search tool to punch in the zip code.

http://veterinarians.com/

jdkeeny
All Pets - Easton Maryland - eastern shore. Little shop with one vet that hunts too. I was spending a fortune on allergy problems with my GSP. The whole thing....shots at home.  He had it under control in two visit without all the shots and weekly bills. Ever try local honey?

TonyS
Does anyone know of a good vet nearby to Anaheim, CA?

kdvollmer

Might not be an area many will be around to hunt but, this was the clinic that we went to when my basset was put down.  Wonderful people, very helpful, a thourough exam.  I would go back to them in a heartbeat.

Animal Emergency Clinic Of Maury County

1900 Shady Brook Street

Columbia, TN 38401

Phone: (931) 380-1929