• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

NEW Vets By State Topic

tumblingwings

Dr. Isom is the best vet I have ever taken my dogs to.

Dr. Isom

895 W 100 S, Heber City, UT 84032

(435) 654-3837

Rockdoc

Dr. Bob Rosebrock

Rosebrock Veterinary Clinic

2325 FM 967

Buda, TX 78610

512-312-0701

Don't be put off by his clinic, it's a dump but he's probably the best vet I've ever dealt with. When I first went to him  I had three dogs, the two "Royal Rodents" (my late wife's twin Maltese) and my Golden Retriever Samba. I had him check one of the rodents for his "annual" ear infection. Bob took one look at Tiger and correctly diagnosed and treated Tiger for an underactive thyroid condition (which can make the dog susceptible to yeast infections in their ears). Tigers ear infection cleared up within weeks just taking thyroid pills. It angers me to think that Tiger had suffered with an underactive thyroid and chronic ear infections for 12 years and 4 other vets chose to only treat symptoms. He then successfully treated the other rodent Lilly for a chronic heart condition. Samba just got vaccinations and regular check-ups.

Another thing, Bob's prices are very low compared to other area vets.

Steve

crazy_quik

If you're in south/central Vermont, Riverside Vet Clinic.  Whether you're in the area hunting or just at Killington to go skiing and your dog gets sick.  

They have two locations, Rutland and Ludlow.  They do emergencies as well (maybe only do emergencies in Rutland).  Don't be afraid to call late, call on a Sunday, etc.    

802-773-4771 Rutland  

802-228-5700 Ludlow

bigdog MN

Central Minnesota, St Cloud area contact http://www.boysenanimalhospital.com/   My vet for 25 years.

In Minneapolis the University of Minnesota vet hospital has 24hr emergency and all the services of a human hospital, and an awful lot of my retirement savings...http://www.cvm.umn.edu/vmc/     Emergency / After hours 612-626-VETS (8387)

roysetters3

Dr. Reed Hanson, Cedar Ridge Animal Hospital, Rexburg, Idaho

Teodoro

My dog is just a house pet, but before I moved I got wonderful service from Dr. Elam in Powhatan, Va. The decor on the office walls (a plaque, if I remember right?), combined with the location, make me suspect he knows about gun dogs too.

1403 Anderson Hwy, Virginia 23139

Bob Blair

There are a couple of us who are members of the Missouri Hunting Spaniel Club who use Dr. Rick Smith at Millwood Animal Hospital here in Springfield, Missouri. Rick is a hunter and owns GSPs. He's just a good guy with a great family and I trust him. They are an Equine center as well.

http://millwoodanimalhospital.com/

NCgrouse

Located in central North Carolina

The Animal Hospital at Lake Brandt

1012 HWY 150 West

Summerfield, NC 27

336-643-2229

Dr. JL Jernigan. Great vet, used to hunt test with Boykins.

Jim Vander

I will be traveling in Michigan UP for first time this fall and was wondering if anyone had Emergency Vet clinic recommendations, nothing worse than having to find one under pressure.

GB Jack
On 9/20/2012 at 12:12 PM, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Just moved to fox valley, WI (appleton)- anyone have a good vet here they would recommend?

Other Areas:

Madison - Spring Harbor Animal Hospital - Dr. Link.

Tomahawk, WI - Animal Clinic of Tomahawk 715-453-4593

Hazelhurst, WI - All Creaters AH. 715 358-4300

Iron County Animal Clinic  

930 Selden Road, Iron River, MI

(906) 265-3111 () ‎

Well Steve Degrave at river view animal

hospital in Green Bay/ Depere is absolutely top notch. I’ve had a lot of vets in this area, he is the best , period . From soft tissue, to anything. He is a bird hunter himself , and treats dogs with a co passion like have never seen. I’ve sent everyone I know to him for over the last decade , and I’ve never had a person come back and not say he’s the greatest they’ve had .