• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
bosco mctavitch

new photobucket SUCKS!!

bosco mctavitch

So, apparantly its no longer possible to avoid the "new" photobucket. It appears to be designed fromt he ground up to scroll easily with a touchscreen device like an ipad or iphone, but I'm getting super frustrated by it. I'm wondering if anyone has figured it out and can help me with a few questions:

*if I have an album with a lot of photos in it, can I jump to the bottom of the album, or the middle, and scroll fromt here?  Or do I have to sit here FOREVER--even with a decent connection--waiting for the pictures to load as I scroll?  

*obviously one solution is to create and use more albums...but it takes FOREVER to move each image, and I cant seem to select multiple images at once to move them as a group...anyone figure this out?  

*if I just get fed up and want to go elsewhere, is there any way to download the entire album to my computer?  I assumed they'd make this part difficult, but i'm close to the point where I actually want to sit there for an entire day downloading the images I want to keep so I can delete the entire frikkin account.  

*Am I the only one the absolutely despises the new photobucket?  So far I'm finding it worlds less user friendly than the old site.  Is there a better site to use?

Chubs
*Am I the only one the absolutely despises the new photobucket?  So far I'm finding it worlds less user friendly than the old site.  Is there a better site to use?

If you find one, let me know. I hate the new photobucket, too.

WI Brookie Guy

No, you're not the only one...the new FB is pretty much universally despised, entire 3-5 page threads are dedicated to the topic in the photo forum.

In response to your other questions, I don't know what recourse there is...I may just leave all my existing photos languish in there (I have the originals on a separate hard drive) and move on to a new site that's more user friendly.  Maybe someone can chime in as to what's the next best thing out there -- flickr?  smugmug?

Nope, I dislike it... a lot!  And will move when I find the time and a better site.

Brian.

Hunshatt

If you find one, let me know. I hate the new photobucket, too.

x2

mshowman

I find it frustrating too, Dave, but I'm old and don't adjust well to change so I have an excuse. You, on the other hand...... only have potential. Someday you'll be one of us!

BTW, I was just now looking at PB in hopes of picking out 10 pictures to post in twosetter's topic. Each time I enlarged a picture to see if I wanted to include it, then went back to the thumbnails, I had to start the scrolling all over again. Bah, humbug!

BTW, I was just now looking at PB in hopes of picking out 10 pictures to post in twosetter's topic. Each time I enlarged a picture to see if I wanted to include it, then went back to the thumbnails, I had to start the scrolling all over again. Bah, humbug!

Don't click on the photo, like you use too, click on that little scrocket in the upper right corner of the picture, it will drop down a box that offers you the propreties of the photo, just click on "the code" you want and away you go, that's the only part of the change I like.

You don't need to hit the image botton when you get to UJ either, just copy it to your post by hitting Ctrl & V at the same time.

Brian.

Hunshatt
I find it frustrating too, Dave, but I'm old and don't adjust well to change so I have an excuse. You, on the other hand...... only have potential. Someday you'll be one of us!

don't move so fast, it'll go back to where you clicked out... let it think for a second

mshowman
Oh geez, you guys have always been like heros to me. Please tell me you didn't read the freakin' instructions!

North Dakota Hntr

$&*(*& sucks!!!

Craig

Cooter Brown

I wanted to post in the thread for Boz as well, and had some pictures in mind.

Not only does it take forever to scroll thru your "Library", my photos are out of order and some are not even there at all anymore.  I gave up.

The old version worked fine and I used it a good bit.  I don't post nearly the number of photos I used to.

I guess this is what happens when you put a bunch of 20 something nerds in a room and ask them to "improve" something.  They throw everything at it they've learned about programming with every bell and whistle they can think of with no thought for the end user or whether or not they're creating an unwieldy monster.

Smugmug charges, but I think it's like $25, which is starting to look like it's well worth it.

By the way, I sent a note complaining about the issues to "Support" at FB, and actually got a msg back that started "Don't get mad at me.  I am but a humble robot that answers complaint messages."

I'm sure their advertisers are not happy.

bosco mctavitch

don't move so fast, it'll go back to where you clicked out... let it think for a second

nope, that was the old PB--from page 37, you enlarge your photo of Supertim in his tighty tri-garb, and then when you become un-blind hit the back button...and it took you back to page 37.  I just tried this to confirm, and the new site goes back to the TOP of your scroll...after which you have to spend another 47 minutes scrolling down to find the picture of Supertim you were really looking for.

Brad Eden

Here's another Topic on the new PB from Feb 2013. It's in the Upland Photo Forum and might have some helpful info:

NEW PB SUCKS TOPIC 1

I don't use PB but still find it amazing they offer photo storage and all those functions for free like Facebook does. Server space and bandwidth costs money like I pay for this site/boards presence on the interweb. They must make it up big time with ads

nope, that was the old PB--from page 37, you enlarge your photo of Supertim in his tighty tri-garb, and then when you become un-blind hit the back button...and it took you back to page 37.  I just tried this to confirm, and the new site goes back to the TOP of your scroll...after which you have to spend another 47 minutes scrolling down to find the picture of Supertim you were really looking for.

Yep, this is what I have found.  It use to work like Tim says, but not anymore.

It's all about change...lol

Brian.

Cooter Brown

If I could program, I'd write a program that seamlessly moves Photobucket "Libraries" to other photo hosts.

I'd sell it for a dollar a pop.

After six months I'd buy out Roysetters.