• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
bosco mctavitch

new photobucket SUCKS!!

Brad Eden
I went and checked the photos in 2Setters 10 photos thread. Predominantly photobucket URLs but the self professed digitally challenged Mr Hong posted 10 very nice and properly proportioned photos from Picassa a Google based photo host. Maybe he will pop in here and give us a tutorial.

Coalman

Don't be afraid to use the help function. While it takes a day or two for them to respond, they have responded.

Have you noticed how large the pics even at 640X480 are now. I complained about that and got this reply.

"Hi there!

We have good news!

Thanks to your user feedback, the decision has been made to re-implement upload size options!

Though we don't have a concrete date for when this feature will be available, it is safe to say that you'll be seeing this back on Photobucket by sometime in April!

We know you've been waiting and we really appreciate your patience!

Again, thank you for your ideas and suggestions! Please visit our help article on Feature Updates to keep up to date on any additional changes!"

I do hate the scrolling function too instead of pages reference. But it is free and it edits well and did I mention it is free?

:)

Fin2Feather
*Am I the only one the absolutely despises the new photobucket?  So far I'm finding it worlds less user friendly than the old site.  Is there a better site to use?

No you're not.  Hate it, hate it, HATE IT!  Was so glad that I could opt out but now that's no longer possible.  They asked me for feedback and I gave it to them, but no response of course.  I agree; MUCH less user friendly, much harder to find what you want, and I usually have to clink on the link a half-dozen times or more to get it to copy - often have to get off it and click something else, then go back.

ccavacini

I e mailed them and asked how to copy a link.  Gal e mailed me back and said I had to share.

I e mailed her back and asked, "Share to what?"

She hasn't e mailed me that answer.

ccavacini

BTW, I was just now looking at PB in hopes of picking out 10 pictures to post in twosetter's topic. Each time I enlarged a picture to see if I wanted to include it, then went back to the thumbnails, I had to start the scrolling all over again. Bah, humbug!

Don't click on the photo, like you use too, click on that little scrocket in the upper right corner of the picture, it will drop down a box that offers you the propreties of the photo, just click on "the code" you want and away you go, that's the only part of the change I like.

You don't need to hit the image botton when you get to UJ either, just copy it to your post by hitting Ctrl & V at the same time.

Brian.

I just did that and the sprocket doesn't offer that choice.

Cooter Brown

She hasn't e mailed me that answer.

Giver her a break.  She is but a humble robot.

The truth is that anybody who's used it for a while has so much stuff there that it would be a terrific PIA to move it all over to something else, and PB knows that.

If you just started a new account somewhere else and didn't move everything, you'd still have to go back to PB to post an older pic.

The response I got said that once it is out of beta it will be faster, which isn't the entire problem but would be an improvement.

Greg Hartman

I am WITH ya!  I HATE the new PB for the very reasons Dave describes.  Also, it only shows small parts of some pic, so when you finally, after 25 minutes of sloooow scrolling, think you might have found the pic you wanted, you can't tell because the thumbnail only shows part of it.  Click on it to find out and you get to start all over again.  GGGRR!

I've been trying to three days to get to speak with a human through their circular "help" system.  All that happens is it keeps taking me back to the same FAQ's again and again - and they have nothing to do with the question I wanted answered (i.e.  how to I get the damnable thing to display all of the pics in an album at once?).  I send queries and get referred back to the same friggin' FAQ's. The response asks if they have answered my question - I say "No!  Please give me a phone number where I can speak to a human."  No response to that.  AAARRRGGGHHH!

I have years of pics, thousands, on PB.  Starting over would be a monumental PITA, but I'm about ready to do so.

polecat

I still use the old FB

091.jpg

By the way there is no cover in that area....

ScottGrush

The answer is to create smaller sub albums.

Go to your library.

Choose an album

near the top left in blue it says "organize"

Drag your cursor over the group of pics you wish to move to your new sub album. You probably have to create the new album first however.

After you have the group highlighted look at the bottom of the page for a MOVE option.

ccavacini
One of the problems is we're not seeing the same thing.  I've created albums, but can't do anything with them.

Peent
I don't mind it at all.  Better actually.

WI Brookie Guy
I don't use PB but still find it amazing they offer photo storage and all those functions for free like Facebook does. Server space and bandwidth costs money like I pay for this site/boards presence on the interweb. They must make it up big time with ads

Judging by how much advertising they have, the commercials running in the background, and how all those graphics grinds the site to a virtual halt at times, I would say they definitely do.

Gunflint Charlie

I was peeved at first to have to figure out the changes, but now I'm mostly ok with it.  Copying a pic is pretty simple after you click the Share icon.  Choose the Links option, then it explains which choice to click for sharing pics to different venues.  These look much like before, but are easier for me to understand -- just click to copy img code from PB, and paste into your post as before.

After doing this a couple times I noticed the link/sharing options were continuously displayed to the right of pics I opened.

Jay

ScottGrush
After doing this a couple times I noticed the link/sharing options were continuously displayed to the right of pics I opened.

Jay

You can adjust your settings to display those.....or not or only the link codes you use.

bosco mctavitch
The answer is to create smaller sub albums.

Go to your library.

Choose an album

near the top left in blue it says "organize"

Drag your cursor over the group of pics you wish to move to your new sub album. You probably have to create the new album first however.

After you have the group highlighted look at the bottom of the page for a MOVE option.

Scott, I have not been able to select multiple photos at once.  Could you go into greater detail how you did that?  (And, since it sounds like its acting differently for different people, what device you are working on, a PC, Mac, iPad, etc). I've tried the usual, shift-click or ctrl-click on my PC, but no luck, and even less luck on the iPad at home.