2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bosco mctavitch

new photobucket SUCKS!!

ScottGrush

On my PC Dave.

I thought same about the Ctrl and click but could not find a way to make that work..

Try to do a drag and drop, click(and hold) and drag the cursor over the group of pics you want to move then release. That should leave the group highlighted then go to bottom of the page for the MOVE option.

bosco mctavitch
i'll have to try that at work on the pc.  anyone know how to do that on an ipad?

OH Grouser

I finally got the new PB set up to work well for me, but it has been a pain for sure.

I'm using a laptop PC. I had posted in the other PB thread Brad linked to about how to to get the IMG code back under each photo.

I'm using the same process Scott mentioned to move groups of photos into whatever album by click and hold, then moving the cursor to draw a box around a group of photos I want to move. The standard Ctrl and hold / click on numerous photos also seems to work on my PC.

Greg...one other "feature" (if you can call it that) I found is that by holding down the Ctrl key and scolling with your mouse, it zooms in / out to show more or fewer thumbnails on the screen. Zoom in too far and you loose parts of the photos - wonder if that may be your issue?

Roger

Brad Eden

Scott, I have not been able to select multiple photos at once..... and even less luck on the iPad at home.

I'd like to know how to choose multiple items at once on an iPad too. Like in an email account where you want to choose a bunch of emails to trash at once etc. ???

BTW, I was just now looking at PB in hopes of picking out 10 pictures to post in twosetter's topic. Each time I enlarged a picture to see if I wanted to include it, then went back to the thumbnails, I had to start the scrolling all over again. Bah, humbug!

Don't click on the photo, like you use too, click on that little scrocket in the upper right corner of the picture, it will drop down a box that offers you the propreties of the photo, just click on "the code" you want and away you go, that's the only part of the change I like.

You don't need to hit the image botton when you get to UJ either, just copy it to your post by hitting Ctrl & V at the same time.

Brian.

I just did that and the sprocket doesn't offer that choice.

Oops...I forgot one small part of the equation, sorry. (working off memory...not a good thing at my age...lol)

Anyway, after clicking on the scrocket, a box will drop down offering you to "get links" to your photos, click on that (get links) and another box will pop up showing several different types of codes for sharing, click on the IMG Codes (at the bottom of list) and that will automatically copy the code for transfer to UJ or other places (if there is one...lol).

Hope this works.

I'm going to try and do what Scott has mention, having 903 photos in one folder seems to be a large portion of my issues...well, with PB...others issues...it has nothing to do with...lol

If they go back to offering "pages" of photos...I'll be all set though and may wait...and I'm good at that.

Brian.

pa'tridge hunters
It's pretty easy for me, Cindy posts all the pictures :love: .

Greg Hartman
Greg...one other "feature" (if you can call it that) I found is that by holding down the Ctrl key and scolling with your mouse, it zooms in / out to show more or fewer thumbnails on the screen. Zoom in too far and you loose parts of the photos - wonder if that may be your issue?

Hmmmm.  Thanks for the help.  I tried that and what it does is expand or shrink the entire page, not just the thumbnails and you are still stuck (GGGRR) with sloooowly scrolling through an album with hundreds of pics to find a particular pic.

Does anybody have a phone number where one can actually speak to a real live PB tech person?

Try to do a drag and drop, click(and hold) and drag the cursor over the group of pics you want to move then release. That should leave the group highlighted then go to bottom of the page for the MOVE option.

Can't get this way to work.

I give up and all of you may never see another picture of me again...

Brian.

Tim Frazier
I use Hunt101, I'm sure it's not that good but it's all I've ever used so I don't know any better.

trust me
I use Hunt101, I'm sure it's not that good but it's all I've ever used so I don't know any better.

Free site, or otherwise?

Fin2Feather
I still use the old FB

You won't pretty soon; everbody will automatically be switched to the new format.  You already can't edit unless you switch.

Tim Frazier

Free site, or otherwise?

Ya, it's free.  It went through a rough period a couple years ago but has been trouble free for quite some time now.  Since I'm not familiar with other sites, I don't know if it's slow or cumbersome, it may be both.

Bonasa
My entire album is empty as of a couple days ago.  Is this because of an updated version of Photo Bucket, that I failed to transfer my album to, or update somehow?

Cooter Brown

Does anybody have a phone number where one can actually speak to a real live PB tech person?

Nobody can accuse Greg of not having a sense of humor.

Wade, your photos should not have disappeared.  Should still be there for you with the new version.  They changed "Album" to "Library".  Have you looked there?

Of course I say should be there--not all of my photos are there either.  Most are but there are some missing, how many I don't know, but at least a couple of dozen.

Nobody can accuse Greg of not having a sense of humor.

I have to admit...I did laugh out loud when I read that.

Poor Greg...living in the stone-ages and all...lol