2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

MORE Photobucket posting pix woes...

Brad Eden

A couple members have had problems posting from Photobucket the last few days. Their links don't post photos but post as URL code links that when clicked lead back to the photo in the photobucket album. I noticed upon reviewing those URL photo codes that there was a bunch of unnecessary coding attached to the normal IMG links.

A Member presented the problem directly to Photobucket and here is the reply/fix.

Hi,

The URL part of the IMG code is a redirect back to the site that was added recently. To have that portion of the code removed from your IMG links, go to your User Settings, then the Albums tab, and uncheck the box to "link back to albums". That will remove the URL redirect code from all of your IMG codes in your account.

Please note that it will not remove the redirect link from previously linked images. It only applies to images you link out after the change.

Thank you!

Hope that helps.

bigjohnsd

Brad, i don't understand their trouble.

I click on the "Direct Link" tab under each photo and they post just fine.

I do recall that upon initial setup of this version i had to go into setup and select which links to have displayed under the thumbnail photos in the albums.  

I've watched people complain about the "New PhotoBucket" but i just haven't experienced the troubles they have.

I Upload the photos to a separate album I create for each thread or project I'm working on.  Easy to find, easy to link.

Greg Hartman
The trouble is that if you have hundreds of photos in an album, you have to painfully and slowly scroll through all of them to find the one you want.  And when you do, you may not find it at all because the damn thumbnail shows only a small portion of the pic, rather than a smaller version of the whole pic.  Then, if you click on that thumnail to see if maybe it's the one you've been looking for for all that time and it's not, then the system sends you back to the beginning of the album and you must start the loooong process of scrolling through all over again.  AAARRGGGHHH!!

ScottGrush

Yeah just use the direct link but then you have to add the tags to that addy for it to post the photo on UJ.

The IMG code address used to have the tags already in place on the addy so it's added a step to the posting method is all.

ScottGrush
Now I look and it appears the links are back the way they were.  Oo.gif

Brad Eden
I'll spin this around the BB. I am still seeing recent posts with a link to a photo on PB rather than the photo itself. I'm sure those were meant to post the photo.

Lucky Dog

I'm not sure what PB is doing, but it seems like it is different every time I open it. It has been difficult to use for about 6 months now.

You would think for the money I pay to keep mu photo's there, it would be more organized....Oh, that's right, it is free. I guess I'm getting what I pay for. :O  :O

bigjohnsd

Yeah just use the direct link but then you have to add the tags to that addy for it to post the photo on UJ.

The IMG code address used to have the tags already in place on the addy so it's added a step to the posting method is all.

Scott, if you copy the direct link, then click on the UJ "Image" button and paste the copied link into the popup no additional image tags are required.

Greg, I guess that is why I parse my photos into smaller albums.  But i don't take near as many as you do and i only upload the photos I'm planning on posting online to photobucket.  I can see your complaint, it just hasn't been an issue for me.

Dick Sellers
Man, I've tried all the above suggestions, and I still can't get a photo to show up.  I guess I need remedial, step by step, instructions.  :(

Peent
I just did a photo.  Open your photo in photobucket, left click on it, copy it.  Then use the image code button.

ramlinwillie
A couple members have had problems posting from Photobucket the last few days. Their links don't post photos but post as URL code links that when clicked lead back to the photo in the photobucket album. I noticed upon reviewing those URL photo codes that there was a bunch of unnecessary coding attached to the normal IMG links.

A Member presented the problem directly to Photobucket and here is the reply/fix.

Hi,

The URL part of the IMG code is a redirect back to the site that was added recently. To have that portion of the code removed from your IMG links, go to your User Settings, then the Albums tab, and uncheck the box to "link back to albums". That will remove the URL redirect code from all of your IMG codes in your account.

Please note that it will not remove the redirect link from previously linked images. It only applies to images you link out after the change.

Thank you!

Hope that helps.

Thanks Brad,

that fixed the problem for me, I was having to separate the URL and the IMG lines and just submit the IMG line, it was a pain, but fixed.

North Dakota Hntr

OK I'm an imbecile. Where are my user settings?

Hell I can't even get the IMG code below the thumbnail to highlight anymore. When I click it, it won't hightlight. I have to click the picture first,then click the IMG code to the right of that, then I just get the photbucket link when I try and post here.

Craig

North Dakota Hntr

DSC_0061800x443.jpg

OK. Thanks Peent! I still have to left click the picture and go from there. The IMG code below the thumbnail still won't highlight.

Craig

North Dakota Hntr

DSC_0061800x443.jpg

Finally. The world is back in order. :upside:

Craig