• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

MORE Photobucket posting pix woes...

It's probably okay for a computer or laptop...but from a tablet...it doesn't work so well...or at all, as far as I can tell.

They offered the little scrocket before that once you clicked on it a drop down box gave you the pictures properties in img codes.  So you just clicked on it with your finger, however, there is no way to left click with my finger.  So, posting pictures from a tablet is impossible as far as I can see.

So basically...I'll never be able to validate my existence again...or folks will have to take my word on it, that my dogs can find a bird...but what's the odds of that?

Thanks, photobucket!...lol

Brian.

dauber

0221131512a_zpsada176a4.jpg

Ok that helps.  Thanks Brad, haven't been able to make it work lately.

OH Grouser

I've only had a few issues with the new PB, and thought I had everything straightened out...but no.

Now, to copy the IMG code from the thumbnails, I have to right click on the code, then click 'select all' (to highlight the entire code), then right click the code and copy / paste.

We're all just a bunch of beta testers for PB - still being used and abused.

Roger

I've been messing around with this issue of posting pictures from my tablet this morning for an hour...and it's a good thing I didn't have a handgun in my hand...lol

Another thing that bothered the crap out of me was...along the side of my library page is an add for Tyson chicken and Wendy's chicken sandwiches.

Don't they know I'm a grouse hunter for gosh sake?

Or maybe they've seen me shoot and they're just trying to tell me something...lol

But, I give up and they win...I'll have to wait until I get the laptop back to post validation photos.

Brian.

Hunshatt

DSC_5545.jpg

thanks brad... fix worked

Gunflint Charlie

Worked for me too Brad, thanks!

After stumbling around through the new PB for a while -- and now removing that url stuff they added -- I'm again finding it easy to use.

Multiple ways to do it, this is what I'm doing using Windows 7 and Google Chrome:

Open a pic and "Image Links" options display to the right -- much like the old drop downs that twosetters mentions. Click in the bottom "IMG code" option and "copied" appears momentarily.  Then paste where I want the image in my post -- I don't use the button.

I do like the way the new edit function for re-sizing maintains proportions with no pre-defined limit on your choice of dimensions.

Jay

Skybuster
Testing...

Brad Eden
I'm glad this thread is useful. I do want to give credit to Member Coalman for forwarding me his "fix" exchange with photobucket.

I'm glad this thread is useful.

Yes, it was.  I'd never even opened up my control panel there.  I changed all of the settings to my likings.

I imagine it won't be long and they'll have the link working for tablets again.  Seems to change daily.

Brian.

Skybuster

Another test:

Dad.jpg

Hooray, I solved the problem! Photo of my dad circa 1930 give/take. The reason my photos would not transfer (only the link) was the default size offered by Photobucket is too large; 1024x768. Here's how to reduce the size: click on your name-user settings- albums-customize upload options- and select "320x240" or something smaller than the default. A little trial/error.

Brad Eden
.... the default size offered by Photobucket is too large; 1024x768. Here's how to reduce the size: click on your name-user settings- albums-customize upload options- and select "320x240" or something smaller than the default. A little trial/error.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you,  thank you, thank you, etc., etc.

Gunflint Charlie

You can also select the Edit function, then your pic, then Resize, then just change either dimension displayed to a reduced number.  The other dimension will automatically change proportionally.

Jay

Don fischer
I had trouble with Photobucket too. Every time they shoved their wonderful changes or upgrades? I was lost trying to figure it out. Well I did get past that, simple. I cancelled Photobucket and use Smug Mug. Easy!

bosco mctavitch

I had this happen to me today, and from my ipad I could not locate the user settings...I even tried clicking on my name and it wasnt clickable.  Tried it on my PC at work and had no problems...grrrrr....it still seems different people are going to have completely different experiences depedening on what tool they are using.  

For those who cant find user settings...CLICK YOUR ACCOUNT NAME.