REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tiger MT's Carter

What Ya Cookin Today??

Tiger MT's Carter

I’m starting this thread for some summertime options for us that like to eat good and also different types of food.

Today we are grilling chicken wings and steaming cob on the nob.

Rail hunter
sharptails marinated in hot sauce, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil on the grill along with corn drizzled with chili oil and seasoned egg plant slices splashed with olive oil.  Its too hot to cook in the kitchen!

Jazz4Brazo

Grilling wild caught salmon with par steamed then cut in half and fried in butter brussel sprouts along with boiled bay white potatoes....but first time for a G&T and relaxation after coming home from a hard day at the local greek celebration (great food) followed by a quick trip to KTP.

Tomorrow is smoked beef brisket with corn on the cob and slaw...gotta love summer!!

Hunshatt
just 1lb  burgers and corn...  :down:  :down:

greypartridge
Whole young chicken olive oil/seasoned on the grill, 3 blend rice, romaine salad with some veggies and grated cheese, and watermelon.

Tiger MT's Carter

We are off to play 18 holes should be fun @ 104 degrees.

My bride is fixing tacos for dinner.

gaberdeen
Barbque chicken quarters on the grill. First picked kohlrabi from the garden coated with olive oil and roasted in the oven. Some zucchini cut in thin slices and grilled. Life is good. :D

Iver

Smok'n a couple of racks of ribs.

Carolina rib rub over a red wine drip pan.

Haven't settled on the sides yet but have a hankering for potato salad.

walt lister

280 calorie Healthy Choice frozen dinner.

I hate this thread, I'm on a diet!! :angry:

Have lost 25 lbs though so it's worth it.

Uplander
Swordfish on the grill.

Mike Connally
I just cut up the last two pheasants for a Brunswick stew.

Brad Eden

No cooking today, went to a Celtic Festival on the waterfront in Belfast ME last evening and I had some pulled pork, beans and cornbread from a BBQ vendor (Crazie Dave's BBQ). We went back today to listen to some folk music and Irish music, watch some events and I had to try the smoked sausage from that BBQ vendor. Awesome. Was planning on getting some brisket to go for tonite but we wandered into town and ended up outside at a bar drinking microbrews...and never made it back to the vendors area. :upside:  (Oh, kilts are cool too.)

We decided today, definitively, that we are not moving out of this general area and are planning a rejuvenated search for a permanent dwelling. :)

Kansas Big Dog

Getting ready to grill tariaki marinated venison steaks with local grow corn on cob and new taters.  Drinking some Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. Oh yeah, life is good.

Back to work tomorrow.   :down:

Ben Hong

Not really cooking today as we have to eat the leftovers from yesterday before my daughter and partner leave in the morning.  Yesterday I had 11 people at the table enjoying some Korean bulgogi style beef ribs, hoisin spare ribs and jerk chicken. The sides were fusion Greek firm veggie salad, stir fried string and wax beans from the neighbour's farm, zucchini boats and, of course, the starch was rice.

Then the tornado came.

Dessert was a mile high lemon meringue pie (guest's contribution) and strawberry shortcake with hand-whipped cream. This is probably the last of the strawberries for this season, and I can safely say that this year's crop though 30% less in volume than normal, was the sweetest  berries I have ever eaten. So sweet that I added no sugar in the mashed berries for the shortcake.

Jazz4Brazo

Smokers been going about 8 hrs now....brisket is coming along nicely

:love:

This the first brisket I've smoked and I also injected it...looking forward to dinner.