REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tiger MT's Carter

What Ya Cookin Today??

apachecadillac
Cinnamon ice cream (hostess' request).

polecat
I have some moose marinating(someone gave me a 2lb. roast) but will cook some black and blue burgers on the grill with some steamed veggies.It is still 86 here ,I don't want to go outside much.Just changed my water filter and enjoying some Woodford reserve/water that Gaberdeen left me. I wish I had some of that big salad from last weekend.Went to the big store this morning to get some ingredients for smoking trout from my flyfishing adventures this spring.

River19

Linguini with clam sauce with fresh little necks, garlic chives and parsley from the garden along with plenty of regular onion and garlic......damn it was good.

Had a killer flank steak last night as well.....love flank and skirt steak...

Jazz4Brazo
Brisket's out and it's a winner...best ever...gotta go stuff my face...yummmm!!!!

Hub
We had charcoal grilled trout, grilled cabbage, sauteed sweet peas, and roasted turnips.  I'm as fat as a tick right now.  I love having a garden in full swing + a half share of a local CSA.

Tiger MT's Carter
You folks have it goin on in the food department. Keep posting, I really like what you are cooking.

Kansas Big Dog
Getting ready to grill tariaki marinated venison steaks with local grow corn on cob and new taters.  Drinking some Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. Oh yeah, life is good.

Back to work tomorrow.   :down:

Simple but tasty dinner.

IMAG1266UJ_zps7e696133.jpg

Peent
Beer can chicken probably our fav. summer thing.  Seasoned with Old Bay and some pepper and added curry powder this time.  It is almost done.

Laminarman

Last evenings meal was just awesome.  I am alone this week as my wife is at a dance competition with the kids.  Mowed the lawn, then went for a scorching 30 mile bike ride on some steep hills.  After hydrating myself I felt the air turn cooler and decided to cook the following:

I had two Minnesota grouse breasts thawed so whipped up a simple marinade with vegetable oil, rice vinegar (a few drops), a small sage leaf and few leaves of thyme from the garden, sea salt and cracked black pepper.  Enough just to add something but not obscure the sweetness of the bird.

A cedar plank soaked in water as I covered two salmon filets with sea salt, cracked pepper, a bit of olive oil and dusting of brown sugar.  

Four cukes from the garden cut and tossed with rice vinegar, olive oil, fresh basil and parsely and salt/pepper.

Salmon went on the grill and when halfway done the grouse breasts were seared until just done.

So, I had a "surf and turf," two Atlantic salmon filets, two grouse breasts, cucumber salad, all washed down with a couple mint Juleps featuring Blantons.  After that it was hammock time.

12ette

Linguini puttanesca (sorta).

Summer squash, tomatoes, olives and capers.  

Dough is resting for the linguini.  

Tomorrow.  

Goose fajitas.  

Weds

Lamb shanks

Thursday

Pizza

Friday

Fish fry.

Escopeton
BBQ chicken leg quarters, slaw, tomatoes with fresh pesto (both from my garden), sourdough bread, sauteed kale with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and pineapple upsidedown cake (kid's request).

Brad Eden
I was gonna bake then finish/sear on the grill some chicken thighs tonight w/Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce...probably with rice pilaf, garden salad. But realized I have some smoked sausage that needs to be eaten so am gonna make a Jambalaya using the sausage and Zatarain's  Jambalaya Mix and add some ground beef (or venison, but I think Im out) green pepper, and any other spicy roasted green chilis and red pepper sauces I have on hand. etc., etc.

mshowman
Seatrout, corn on the cob and a salad. Can't decide between red wine and beer to wash it down.

ScottGrush

I invited these guys to a fish fry.  :D

IMG_0247_zps582a04df.jpg

Rex Hoppie

Thinking about cooking up some cucumber salad but found too many recipes on the net.

So I tried cucumber water, but again too many recipes.  One with gin as an ingredient did look promising.  No rush.

Steak (made at Krogers) and potatos grilled on a gas grill for din din.