REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tiger MT's Carter

What Ya Cookin Today??

North Dakota Hntr

DSC_0001800x535.jpg

DSC_0004800x4632.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

I loved grilled corn on the cob and have done it a number of ways. The newest is to husk it and wrap it in tinfoil slathered with copious amounts of butter and salt and then throw it on the grill. It cooks in that butter and you just eat it right out of the foil and don't have to butter it etc. My new, favorite way

Craig

LostintheOzone
10 lbs of Sockeye going on the smoker tomorrow. It went into the brine an hour ago and has to come out of the fridge this evening. I got the last of the Alaska sockeye run I think.  It's all going to a wedding on Sunday. Won't be a scrap of it left.  :D

apachecadillac
Some of these food pictures are obscene (in a good way).   My wife goes to one of those websites where people post pictures of what they've cooked  (is there is a website for everything?), and you guys are every bit as good.

RookieEP
Smoked a tri-tip steak on the BGE yesterday that was amazing

River19

Tonight was a Thai green curry with chicken.....made it nice and hot the way I like it.....sick of asking for things "Thai hot" at Thai restaurants, some will do it but most still fire up "round eye hot".....

Nancy was sweating it out a little.....and I had to add a little siracha to mine for a little extra love....

Will make great leftovers and a nice soup as well......

Tiger MT's Carter
We are grilling Copper River King Salmon with white rice this evening. I just opened a Buckaroo pale ale from Ruby Mountain Brewing Company to enjoy also.

vern faulkner

I guess that I'm the slob of the bunch.  Made and ate creamy corn with chopped up Spam mixed in.  :down:  :down:

VF

Tiger MT's Carter
I guess that I'm the slob of the bunch.  Made and ate creamy corn with chopped up Spam mixed in.  :down:  :down:

VF

Not at all. If I were to fix it I would cube the spam and brown it, mix with the corn and serve over rice. Man that really sounds good.

valuman

Hey Grandpa, what's for supper?

12ette
Smoked a tri-tip steak on the BGE yesterday that was amazing

That is without a doubt my favorite cut of beef.  

I have a few marinades I put it in for overnight minimum oh man.  Then on the BGE at 700 to sear drop temp to 350 and finish in 20/25 min.  Oh so crispy outside and mid rare inside.  Damn!  

Think it's time to see the butcher.

charlo slim

Not exactly cooking, but:

half gallon of pickled lake whitefish (ready to sample now)

couple dozen lake whitefish filets in the smoker just now, ready about 2200 tonight

twenty-ish lbs of pitted Flathead sweet cherries in the dehydrator -- ready in a day or 2

Wildbird

Last night was fried pheasant, mixed veggies and baked potatoes.

Tonight was woodcock (Hong's recipe), white rice and beans.

Trying make make room in the freezers.

LostintheOzone

VF

I can't eat spam at our house. The wife has this idea that it isn't fit to eat. So I play along until I get out of town with the dog. Then we both eat it.  :D

mshowman

VF

I can't eat spam at our house. The wife has this idea that it isn't fit to eat. So I play along until I get out of town with the dog. Then we both eat it.  :D

Same here. My wife thinks it's terrible so my son and I have smuggled it out for camping and fishing trips for years. Spam, a cigar and a bottle of Guinness makes for a well balanced meal.

Runningdog

I invited these guys to a fish fry.  :D

IMG_0247_zps582a04df.jpg

Did you introduce them to egg wash and breadcrumbs, with a side of 300deg. oil..... :love:  :love: