REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tiger MT's Carter

What Ya Cookin Today??

Tiger MT's Carter
We are grilling Basque Chorizos and a pot of ranch beans.

River19

Today is an easy day......beef tenderloin on the grill, mushrooms in butter, fresh tomato, basil and cuke salad from the garden and some fresh green beans.....

Yesterday was my favorite summer pasta dish.....the sauce is made cold from the garden in the food processor.....fresh tomatoes, garlic chives, parsley, basil, olive oil and some grated parmesan cheese all mixed together with S&P in the processor.......trust me it is to die for when mixed with some penne....or with some fresh mozz and linguini.....

PWZ
Wife went to a bridal shower. I've got a room temp 2 pound porterhouse about to hit the charcoal.

Huntschool
I am not, but Boars Afire, a winning BBQ joint is.  We are going to their place.  Its BBQ Cajun fusion kinda thing with a pretty good bar from what I have been told.

12ette

Hotdogs and corn, Mac salad and coleslaw, keep it simple.

Canning: Corn, pickles, beats, beans, prepping for peaches.  Fruit canning is a major day here 6 bushel peaches, 4 bushel apples and I have 30lb of black berries ready for jam.  Aug-sept is busy in the canning shed.

Fishnfowler
I picked 6 gallons of huckleberries this week and am celebrating with making huckleberry ice cream right now along with 3 racks of spareribs on the smoker.

Slowpokebill
I picked 6 gallons of huckleberries this week and am celebrating with making huckleberry ice cream right now along with 3 racks of spareribs on the smoker.

Dang where is the like button.

Tiger MT's Carter
Today it is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy & corn.

HuntersDad
Everyone is my house has the flu.  Homemade chicken noodle soup is on the menu.

Brad Adrian
Baby back ribs and chicken leg quarters in the smoker today.

12ette

Bok choy just harvested so....

Bok choy, rummaged about and found some Hungarian peppers, green beans, onions, garlic, ginger....   Oh found chicken thighs too... Mmmmmm

Sauce:

Cocoanut milk, fish sauce, chilies, limes, sugar and soy

Used some to marinade the meat.

Good to keep a stocked kitchen.

Jazz4Brazo

Bok Choy is yet another favorite of mine...tonight is your basic super thick ribeye cut @ room temp and ready to go a red hot grill, fried shrooms in garlic, olive oil, and then reduced merlot along with string beans...real basic but real good.

And this morning I started my first home cured maple/brown sugar spiced bacon recipe...gonna cure until next week then smoke it to 150 F...cool it down to cold but not frozen then thick slice it for friend bacon next Sunday morning...can't wait to see how this turns out (got movitated by the home bacon brought to the Catskills)....mmmmm hungry already!!

braque du upstate
bacon cheeseburgers for lunch, repeat of yesterday tonight. grilled  lemon pepper chicken thighs, grilled  corn, fresh green beans . farmers market was loaded with goodness. fresh picked peaches, (grilled) grapes, and  black berries for dessert. love my public market this time of year. $25 filled my rucksack with honest food . feels great to put cash into local farmer's hands.  a fist full of singles makes me feel like I robbed a grocery store.

Tiger MT's Carter
The wife and I are fixing seafood fettuccine with shrimp and crab this evening. We also just open a nice merlot to have with dinner.

idcut
Tryin to keep up with the zucchini from the garden, so it's zucchini parmigiana tonight