REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ThomGordon

Duck Dynasty

ThomGordon

New season & I've completely lost interest. I'm not sure why

Anybody else?

Pete F

I watched it thinking it was about hunting, if they hunt I missed it.

Then I realized it was Reality TV, George Carlin would have had hours of material. Well, maybe a few sarcastic comments.

Bearkat
Nope!  Love the show.

Bonasa
Still like it, but all these reality tv programs have a limited lifespan IMO. Maybe they need an expiration date on the label...

I haven't seen the second season but I felt like they did a pretty uncommonly good job of balancing scripting with spontaneity during the first season.

They obviously made many of the situations that were filmed but I think most of what the cast said and how they reacted was ad libbed which takes a certain amount of talent and creativity that is just lacking in so much of the crap on TV lately.

Larry David, Will Farrel, and Bill Murray -to name a few- made their career around that kind of format and people eat it up.

I think if Duck Dynasty can lose the reality TV show stigma they would be better accepted by more viewers.

North Dakota Hntr

Not a fan.

Craig

Brian Meckler
Great show, they are a great family and they have real American values.  I think the popularity is based on the hope that there are still Americans that love God, family and country.

Crazy Horse
Great show, they are a great family and they have real American values.  I think the popularity is based on the hope that there are still Americans that love God, family and country.

Those attributes can very possibly put them on the government's survalance list.  ;~)

mshowman
The show makes me laugh and that's a whole lot better than most of the crap on TV. Happy, happy, happy.

Virgil Kane

Those attributes can very possibly put them on the government's survalance list.  ;~)

According to Jas isn't that "Facial Profiling"  :oh:

One of the best lines I've heard in years !

Virgil

ScottGrush

Still love it.

DD, American Pickers, and Tiger baseball are my standard evening remote control rotisserie.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they showed Willie and Jep's wives more often.  :love:

Korie+Robertson+Jep+Robertson+48th+Annua

ep3
Couldn't have said it better Scott. I don't watch it as often anymore and I have to flip back and forth from what ever game is on, but I still enjoy it for a good laugh.

Pinecobleguy
It's better than 90% of the crap on TV today.  We like it and we always end up laughing about something they do or say.

Brad Eden
I was never a huge fan, but did find it funny. Problem is the DD "brand" has saturated the market and has become mainstream. That's when the diehard fans start to bail, like they do when obscure bands go mainstream. IMO.

Tim Frazier
I read Willie and Korie’s book and with the exception of the last chapter was pretty impressed.  Enough so to appreciate the show and what got them where they are.  The book is very honest and open, just short of saying it's all been dumb luck, pretty refreshing.  Seemed like it was a matter of the right people meeting the right people, no shock.  Truly though, next to Phill inventing the double reed call, what made the whole phenomena what it is was Willie marrying Korie after meeting at church camp.  Her father is a HUGE part of the financial success and she’s no slacker either.