• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

Gauging Interest. UJ Fall Retreat

Gauging Interest. UJ Fall Retreat  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Gauging Interest. UJ Fall Retreat

• Yes, I may be interested in attending
      Yes, I may be interested in attending
    • No, I am not interested in attending
      Yes, I may be interested in attending

gunsrus
..., so I will respectfully decline the opportunity to talk about grouse hunting and gear and rather spend the time doing it.

If this came together I envision it being primarally a grouse and woodcock "hunting" retreat as I wrote in original post. Those who want to sit around and pontificate during the day can, those who want to be in the woods hunting can, those who want to fish can, etc. Off hunting hours in evening and night would be for BSing, eating, drinking and possibly some seminars or sessions on miss upland stuff.

Naturally, this area would be unfamiliar to most attending, but there may be guides available and otherwise all you need up there is some maps, a GPS and then have at it.

Brad , this is how I envision it also . I will be there to hunt . I've never hunted that area but have hunted the Northern Paper Co lands for years . Just find a logging road and you're on your way . Each at his own discretion with a friend or on his own .

In the evening , we can all eat , drink and be merry and lie about how great our dogs were and how bad we are at shooting birds .

parker 20
I'd be interested,depending on when in the fall.

tmoneysju

sounds interesting to me, I'm interested

in fact, sounds similar to that upland weekend thing PC and the clown were pushing a few years ago

valuman
...sessions on miss upland stuff.

You're planning to create a pageant for this title, Brad?

vern faulkner

Yes Brad, I am interested and would attend.  I will be watching the thread for updates.  Thank you.

VF

Grifish
Me and the Mrs will show up.

flint
Maybe I could crash half way with a kind UJ'er to break up the 22 hour drive?

Fire Marshal Bill

Depending on the dates, I'm in. I hope guys with Woolie dogs are allowed. LOL

Wayne

Camoman

Sounds like fun!

Let us know the dates?

Grifish
Flint, I'll be up in Me already- I'll leave you a key.

This sounds like fun but the fall is usually booked up. Sept. I am in ND. Oct. I am in Northern MN so most likely I am out.

Olaf

gaberdeen
I would make every effort to attend. Sounds like fun. :)

Tango2

With a brand new pup, I'd welcome any opportunity for me and 'Gauge' to do some travellin'

Cheers,

Stacey

Laminarman
I would love it, but would like to find a few guys to hunt hard most of the time then relive the day with a great single malt.  I'd drive up to hunt new land not so much to shoot the chit, although I haven't met a UJ'er I haven't liked.  I would bring one of my two flushy dogs.

valuman
I would bring one of my two flushy dogs.

You'll be hunting with Brad, then. I'm not sure if he's a single malt kind of guy, but he's certainly a flushy kind of guy.