FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

Welcome New Ad Sponsor

Brad Eden

Note the new banner ad embedded in Board Category section. Upland Sportsman featuring their first new product:

UPLAND SLING

The patenting pending Upland Sling is the only zero interference shotgun sling designed for the shotgun carrying hunter and shooter. This advanced design fully supports the weight of a shotgun without restricting movement, allowing you to shoulder, swing and shoot instantly. The Upland Sling takes the weight of the shotgun off your arms and distributes it to your shoulder and skeletal muscles.

Click banner ad or here: Upland Sportsman

Support ad sponsors who support us!

Spin
I really like the looks of this setup. I see a purchase in the near future. Time for a little "Me" present.

uplandsportsman

Spin - when you're ready we'll get on in the mail for you!

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce ourselves as a company.  We introduce the Upland Sling at the very end of last year.  The sling is really a one of a kind item and makes for much more enjoyable days in the field or at the range.

We designed the sling to actually meet varying needs of the hunter who spends many days in the field.  When you say sling, people think it's just a shoulder sling and that couldn't be further from what it actually is.  Our product allows you to have full flexibility on how and when choose to use it.

It seems everyone I talk to is always looking for a lighter gun because any gun starts to feel really heavy after several hours.  When you ask "well, why don't you use a sling?"  the answer is always, "because I don't want to be slow or not be ready for a shot".  The Upland Sling is the answer to this problem, and you can finally quit wishing you had that lighter gun or had a sling that didn't get in the way.

The best thing about the Upland Sling is that you have total flexibility on when you want to use it!  The quick disconnect allows you to just throw the sling over your gear, put the holster on the gun, and go about your day.  When the gun starts getting heavy, connect the sling and you now have full support and the gun is in the ready position and you aren't sacrificing anything.

The last thing I want to point out is the safety aspect of the sling.  As people, men, women, youth, start getting tired you'll notice their guns start shifting positions from right hand to left hand, cradled, over the shoulder, etc.  As this is happening the muzzle is also moving a lot and  tends to end up in a more horizontal position.  With youth hunters especially, and even adults this creates safety concerns with others around.  The Upland Sling keeps the muzzle up and in a safe direction and is a fantastic training aid for youth and new hunters.

So grab a sling, your grandpa's 40lb Belgium, and get out there and enjoy it!  We like to Hunt Smarter, not Harder.

If you have any questions, you can ask here for the benefit of all, PM or email me at andrew@uplandsportsman.com

We hope you all have great seasons and fun out there!

uplandsportsman.com

Happy Hunting

GB Jack
Love to see it in action

MN Tonester
What GB said.  Any photos of the sling and gun?  thanks

Spin

Andy one question. Is your sling designed so as to be able to carry a long gun "hands free" if needed? Understand that I am already sold on this product. The ability to have a gun at ready and quickly and smoothly mount it while having it supported weight wise is enough for me. But in the past I did have a dog go down out in the field and luckily had a long Yeager lead that allowed me to jury rig a sling so I could carry my dog out.

From what I can see your product could be set up very easily for such an emergency carrying situation but figured I'd ask and see if it's something that's already is present.

I can see beyond a doubt that this sling will make for a practical and pleasant way to carry a gun in the woods. I'll be getting with you very soon on my purchase.

Best Wishes

Spin

uplandsportsman

The youtube video below gives a pretty good idea of how it works and integrates with the gun and hunting conditions.

http://youtu.be/doZx29Jb1gw

Our website has a lot of images from all angles on the products page, you can visit at uplandsportsman.com

Uplandsportsman

upland-sportsman---print-047-3558663876-

https//cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0252/9049/files/output_4Qioh3.gif

output_RaR1BK.gif

Uplandsportsman

uplandsportsman
Andy one question. Is your sling designed so as to be able to carry a long gun "hands free" if needed? Understand that I am already sold on this product. The ability to have a gun at ready and quickly and smoothly mount it while having it supported weight wise is enough for me. But in the past I did have a dog go down out in the field and luckily had a long Yeager lead that allowed me to jury rig a sling so I could carry my dog out.

From what I can see your product could be set up very easily for such an emergency carrying situation but figured I'd ask and see if it's something that's already is present.

I can see beyond a doubt that this sling will make for a practical and pleasant way to carry a gun in the woods. I'll be getting with you very soon on my purchase.

Best Wishes

Spin

Spin - When designing this, we considered and worked through many options that would incorporate 2 free hands.  Ultimately we didn't design this into the quick sling due to the sacrifices we had to make to the primary function of allowing quick shooting.

BUT... since you asked, I will share that we will soon have an "emergency" and a "comfy" accessory sling available.  The emergency sling is an ultralight strap that converts the sling to a more traditional shoulder sling with two free hands for emergencies.  The comfortable strap will convert it for extended shoulder carry situations.  

For example, if you hunt deer or other game with a shotgun and birds on other days, grab either the shoulder carry strap or the quick shooting sling and you are set for both scenarios.  

You can also change them out as your needs change through the day, so for duck hunting, if you have a long haul to a marsh blind with gear you can use the shoulder carry on the way there and switch to the quick sling so you don't have to find a place to balance your gun in the cattails or bring a rest with you.

Brad Eden
Thanks for the information Andrew. Ill move this over to the UJ Sponsor Marketplace Forum when it drops below the scroll for any span of time. Again, thank you for becoming a UJ Ad Sponsor and supporting this board and for creating and offering your products to the upland community.

Brad Eden

Gonna take this NEW UJ Sponsor for a trip around the forums...

Brad Eden

New ad sponsor, new product.

uplandsportsman

Loads of people have been trying the Upland Sling out this year and are loving it.  For customer reviews, please take a look at our site  Uplandsportsman.com and look at the reviews page or under each product.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or contact me directly.

My Webpage