• Announcements

• Brad Eden

2018 UJ SUMMER AUCTION   06/23/2018

It's time....to start thinking about and preparing for the 2018 UJ SUMMER AUCTION. This Auction has become a UJ Tradition, with loads of great gear donated by our Ad Sponsors and Membership. Items range from Upland vests...Birddog gear...hunting and fishing trips...silver engraved money clips...custom knives, to great food products. I will be starting to contact Upland Ad Sponsors and Members, and will start the dedicated Auction Forum soon. I will include links to past Auctions so Members get an idea of what's typically available to bid on, and to see if they have anything they would like to offer for bidding. Stay tuned!
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

Please welcome ORVIS UJ Ad Sponsor

Kansas Bound

Hunting Lodges

I have this book and really enjoy it.  I have been wanting the Fishing Lodges as well and might have to pick it up now.

Brad Eden

Forum spin.

GB Jack
Love it! They have fantastic stuff!!!

Swampy 16
On 10/23/2014 at 8:44 AM, tut said:

Curious if anyone has tried this:

http://www.orvis.com/p/waxed-cotton-strap-vest/6y15

My current strap vest is light, but I'd like a bit more orange for visibility reasons when hunting with others.

PS.  Have a number of their soft gun cases.  Very well made.

I’ve got it and I love it. The best piece of upland equipment I’ve ever owned. I had Filson garments for years and this stuff is just as good. In fact the design is much better in fit and function. The Filson stuff just seems heavy and  a little uncomfortable. Orvis guarantees all their apparel. From what I understand if you are EVER dissatisfied at any time for any reason they will replace it or refund your money. I have the strap vest and Their Heritage field coat and honestly don’t think I could find better. This year I will be buying the Laksen jacket. Waterproof and briar proof. Also the Tuff Shell is supposed to be fantastic. I’ll now feel much better when I hand them my money. Thanks Orvis.

tut
8 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

I’ve got it and I love it. The best piece of upland equipment I’ve ever owned. I had Filson garments for years and this stuff is just as good. In fact the design is much better in fit and function. The Filson stuff just seems heavy and  a little uncomfortable. Orvis guarantees all their apparel. From what I understand if you are EVER dissatisfied at any time for any reason they will replace it or refund your money. I have the strap vest and Their Heritage field coat and honestly don’t think I could find better. This year I will be buying the Laksen jacket. Waterproof and briar proof. Also the Tuff Shell is supposed to be fantastic. I’ll now feel much better when I hand them my money. Thanks Orvis.

That's an old post of mine.  I bought that vest and its pretty darn good.  Has lots of room and I carry lots of extra stuff in the zippered part in the back in plastic bags (first aid kit etc.).