Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

Welcome Q5-New UJ Ad Sponsor

Brad Eden

UJers, please welcome new UJ AD Sponsor Q5 Outdoor Products. See display ad on left margin of UJ pages.

Q5 has reintroduced the line of Quillomene Upland Vests and offers their own Q5 Centerfire Upland strap vest.

Q5 Outdoor Products

Thank you Q5 for stepping up to the plate and supporting our upland discussion community! This isn't to be taken lightly-many upland product companies get a lot of Free exposure on this board and I appreciate it when a company acknowledges that with an ad sponsorship.

Iver

Nice to see.

What has happened to official Quill supplier to UJ?  Has he officially retired to a cabin in NH?  (Yuppie side, not the grouse side of the mountain?)

Hillhaven09
I see another quill in my future and am looking at that centerfire vest for my next trip out west. Nice to have them on the board.

arizona brittanys
Great to have Q5 out door products a UJ sponsor. Quilomene  vest has risen to the top of the list with me after 10 other types over 20+ plus years experience . It's the best imo.

Brad Eden

Forum spin. :)

Brian Edwards
I have had a one of their vest for about 10 years.  Great product.

Dogwood
Boy the San Carlos looks like great vest; and no shoulder padding whoop-de-doo!!  Might have to get one of them.

Brad Eden

Bouncing around forums.

Hunshatt

That's awesome... now maybe I won't get vitriolic pm's from the board moderator, for singing the praises of the San Carlos vest.... the best ruffed  grouse vest, for the east coast  in the world... period ... ... now that Dan is a sponsor ..

I ordered a few last week.. to resupply my stock ...

redrockin7
Love my quill san carlos. Will definitely buy another. I guess it is no longer made without the orange? (which is not a big deal I am just curious)

settem

That's awesome... now maybe I won't get vitriolic pm's from the board moderator, for singing the praises of the San Carlos vest.... the best ruffed  grouse vest, for the east coast  in the world... period ... ... now that Dan is a sponsor ..

I ordered a few last week.. to resupply my stock ...

"vitriolic"

Yeah, I had to Google that... :)

I've been kind of torn between Q's Upland Bird Vest and Pella's Bird Pack. The lack of water bottle pockets on the Quill kind of troubles me.

Hunshatt

Happy to lend you one of my spares to see what you think.... I wasn't very pleased with the couple of Pella's I tried, closest thing that I liked in the many that I tried was the WW.. but it's just way to much vest for where and how I hunt ..

Usually we just throw a bottle in the game bag... they also have a picket if you wanted to use a smaller camel back bladder (or whomever's)

Gunflint Charlie

Yes, the back pocket of the San Carlos is designed for the 50 oz. Camelbak water bladder -- or at least was when I bought mine soon after they first were offered. I think the Camelbak (with an insulated pouch) came with the vest then, either standard or an added option.

Most of my bird hunting is for pheasants, the San Carlos game bag's fine for two but real tight for three roosters. I now use the original Pella Bird 'n Lite for the big birds, but the Quilomene is perfect for grouse.

Jay

Hunshatt
I can't comment on other birds.. but for grouse and woodcock.. it is the quintessential  choice ...

redrockin7

I've had a pheasant, grouse, and couple woodcock in my vest, on top of my water bottle for the dog and it was getting pretty full in the pouch... but its perfect for eastern grouse and w/c hunters as mentioned.

Easily will fit a PA limit of grouse and woodcock on top of a water bottle and if you get a limit of both before switching covers and dropping some birds at the car you had a reallll good day.