Sign in to follow this  
redrockin7

Quilomene is back as Q5?!

Hunshatt

Jeff.. it's the old quill on steroid's ... a real hip belt.. nice pockets.. sternum strap... modular pockets that are easy to remove ..

I am almost speechless...

couple very small tweeks and it's going to be perfect....  and after talking to Dan... the idea's I had for tweeks are already in the works ...

JK SE PA
Nice to know.

Hunshatt
couple very small tweeks and it's going to be perfect....  and after talking to Dan... the idea's I had for tweeks are already in the works ...

the idea's were Dans.. but are  the same as mod's I've done to the old vest.

looking forward to a lot of use from this vest

Bonasa

Very anxious to see the new vest. Does it have water bottle pockets that are easily accessible? It is tough to criticize their product because it works so well, but I do prefer water bottles to bladders, and I don't think I'm alone on that. The main thing is that the WB pockets are accessible yet won't snag too easily in thick cover - tough to engineer. The goal being to access water without having to be a contortionist or require doffing the vest...

Regardless, I still feel the San Carlos is the best of the minimal hunting vests...

Hunshatt
there are a number of modular concepts being developed ... I'd guess there is one to fit your needs in the works

Bonasa
there are a number of modular concepts being developed ... I'd guess there is one to fit your needs in the works

Which of the (3) new models did you order Tim?

Hunshatt

Basically.. if the people that build my second favorite vest had developed a grouse version.. this would be it..  the San Carlos is the Mac Daddy of grouse vests ...

the add's are still in the works.. the base vest is whats available right now ..

Dave Medema
Basically.. if the people that build my second favorite vest had developed a grouse version.. this would be it..  the San Carlos is the Mac Daddy of grouse vests ...

the add's are still in the works.. the base vest is whats available right now ..

Are you "pro staff" now?

Hunshatt
nope.. just an enthusiastic consumer

Wildbird
[  

Have a San Carlos that is well broken in and still going strong - is it possible to actually wear one of these out?

I've got over 10 season on mine... it's dirty .. and faded.. (one of the first nylon ones) ... but I keep using it.. even though there are 3 replacements (all I have left from buying all the stock Steve had before closing and giving them as gifts ) on the shelf and a new Q5 version on the way...

so the answer is.. I don't know

Will the new Q5 version be modeled for all to see??

Make sure that you use the same class of model as before. No one wants to see you (Tim) in the vest and tighty whiteys via a bathroom mirror selfie. We can see that stuff on FB.

Steelheadfred

I got mine a couple weeks ago, Dan was very open to input and it's awesome. The hip belt and adjustments far exceeded expectations.

I'll have a video review up shortly.

redrockin7
now you're really making me want to add another quill to my collection. although I may hold out to see the possible adds... I would like the quill san carlos if I could add 1 water bottle holder somehow. I toss it in gamebag now but i'd prefer a holder.

brushbuster

I may have to put an order in I'm starting to believe all of Tim's hype.

I have an LLBean strap that I picked up on sale but a smaller model would be nice especially in the early season.

Dave Medema
I got mine a couple weeks ago, Dan was very open to input and it's awesome. The hip belt and adjustments far exceeded expectations.

I'll have a video review up shortly.

Will I like it?  Bobbie needs some Christmas ideas.