FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kemo Sabe

HUGE victory for keeping lead

Larry Brown
Those CIP "standard" steel load guidelines also restrict shot sizes to nothing larger than US 5.

TonyS

Writing from California, where all this mess started I have some startling facts.

RI, tell us how much you like copper when you put the sneak on a nice buck, you place a perfect shot, and then since it was only a quick laser hole thru it, it runs away and you don't find it.  Tell us how you like it.

Banning lead isn't about condors, that has been proven.  It is a bird that is extinct.  Pretend all they want but a bird that has to be fed and has monthly physical check-ups, isn't a wild bird.

When we have a Governor who signs into law the lead ban WITHOUT reading the legislative digest required to have enough knowledge to sign the bill-that's illegal.  When the same governor re-appoints a known epitomy of 'conflict of interest' back at the head of DFW-that's illegal to the people of the State.

I don't care about wind farms.

PWZ
RI, tell us how much you like copper when you put the sneak on a nice buck, you place a perfect shot, and then since it was only a quick laser hole thru it, it runs away and you don't find it.  Tell us how you like it.

Yeah, that's never happened with a poorly selected lead bullet.

nope. never.

TonyS
The point is, it happens consistently with copper.  Consistently.

PWZ
Interesting. Ive seen exactly the opposite experience with the group of guys I hunt with who all switched to Barnes stuff. And not for environmental reasons, but rather because they all feel it outperforms cup and core lead