REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GB Jack

Ghosts, what is the deal

GB Jack
We've had some odd things occur over the last two years. Just interested in your opinions/experiences. Judgement free zone, I'm just trying to understand

Larry Brown
Can you be more specific?

GB Jack

Do you believe in them? Have you had any experiences, if so, what were they? Did they shake your current beliefs in " common thinking"?

We're they friendly, not friendly, or in different.

TB Owl
Hum...Well, while staying at the The Grand Hotel in Jerome AZ a couple years ago my wife swears someone slapped her on the behind in the middle of the night while we were sleeping, I was asleep I swear it wasn't me.  Earlier while in the shower I had an icy chill descend on me for a few minutes even though the water was hot.  As an aside the filet at the Asylum restaurant was very good.  Other times I have felt the presence of someone from my past long deceased looking over my shoulder while working etc..just out of the blue.  I guess I don't know other than there are things in life that have no explanation and are difficult or impossible to prove.  I feel there are things in life that I will never understand but try to keep my mind and senses open to possibilities and really tune in to my senses.

jpari

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

Willieb

This is one of those things that I'm not really sure what I believe.  I have had feelings of a presence when no one was around but I feel that's just normal.

I have had one recurring experience that I can't explain.

I live in my grandfathers house on our farm.  He always read the paper while smoking a cigar and sitting in a chair in the front yard.  He passed away in 1969.  I have lived here for the past 30 years and several times while mowing the grass or just walking by the area that he sat I get hit with the strong smell of cigar smoke. I am never thinking about this when it happens and have never had it happen when I was thinking about it.  It's just one of those things that hit you all of a sudden.  No one lives within a mile of my house and the smell is to strong to have drift from somewhere else.

Whether it is my imagination or something else, I am fine with it.  Kind of makes me feel good that he might be around watching over things.

Ben Hong
If you are Christian, then you believe in ghosts. But, most civilizations have the spectre of the spectre.

SODAKer

Friend of mine and I were just talking about this subject during a long walk. Bottom line; too many sobering things have happened to us that make us believers.

So whether it is guardian angles or jut not your time to go (by the way, what makes it your time?), I leave that to individual interpretation/reasoning.

By the way, what happened to ya?

Dakota Dogman
If you are Christian, then you believe in ghosts. But, most civilizations have the spectre of the spectre.

Can you flesh that out a little for me please Ben? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying... Is there a difference between ghost & spectre in your understanding?

Thanks & God Bless, Matt s

redrockin7

Interesting timing for this topic. I was just at lunch with my grandmother and mother yesterday and the topic came up b/c my grandmother swears she has one in her home due to multiple things that have happened over the past couple years (but people doubt her b/c she is 87 and think she is just losing it).

My mother than told us a few stories about my sisters home and some really convincing evidence of a ghost there, as well as my cousin and some convincing evidence there.

Stories too long to post with the time I have now, but depending how long this post rolls maybe I will add some of the stories I was told.

I've never had any experiences personally, but enough people I know have, so I believe in them.

RuffChaser
Don't believe in ghosts, Bigfoot. Yeren, the New Jersey devil, ...

GB Jack

I guess Dakota dogman/ Ben

That's where my confusion lies. I am a Christian , but have experienced things ( also my family) that pretty much certainty have had occurrences ( in multiple places) from poltergeist activity, to full body apparitions. None of which were ever threatening, or scary. But for whatever reason they fascinate me and my family, and while we never search them out, in ANY way, they seem to find us at times.

Greg Hartman
I've spent many a night in places where lots of people have died - mostly violently and horribly.  I've seen things (flesh and blood people) to be scared of, but I've never seen a ghost.  I believe in what I can see and touch and that's all.  Just a simple PA Dutchman, I guess.

ccavacini
I know that as soon as I say I don't believe in ghosts, one will tap me on the shoulder.

Rex Hoppie

I know that as soon as I say I don't believe in ghosts, one will tap me on the shoulder.

Something like that. I don't believe in ghosts for a second.

All those people who have been at (whatevertheycallthem) and seeing green evil stuff come out of peoples pores, I don't know what to think.

I would rather believe in moth man.