REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GB Jack

Ghosts, what is the deal

Virgil Kane
11 minutes ago, ThreeDogs said:

Virgil, you 80 year old friend likely had a brief dissociative disorder.

You could be right.

The doctors said it was DID also but with no scientific or medical proof who really knows for sure? 

OldSarge

I could only make it to page 4 before the heebie jeebies got the better of me. Looking over my shoulder, turning on the lights, hair standing up, goose bumps. Yup, I guess I'm a believer. Slasher movies I laugh at, but ghost flicks, no way.

steveziv
On 10/30/2016 at 7:59 PM, Remo said:

I shot right through a ghost rooster this morning and he kept right on flying. Scary. Need silver pellets. Send quick.

Just back from two days grouse hunting in ANF, PA.  My recurring thought was that these things are ghost birds. 

You hear them, or catch a glimpse and then they're gone.  Grouse are the closest thing to a ghost I've ever seen.

steveziv

Here’s our haunted house, on the left,located across the street from Lake Erie. We lived there for a few years in the early-90’s. Funky outside, inside it had lots of wood two glassed in porches and a massive bronze chandelier over a great room ringed by a second floor balcony. You could lay in the front bedroom and feel the waves crash against the rocks across the street.

bchviw_zps399119b2.jpg

My wife felt like there was a presence there, possible a little girl, who she thinks pushed our young daughter down the winding stairs. I once had the sensation of a figure in my peripheral vision, at the top of the stairs, a location my wife felt a little uneasy about. And once in the shower I thought I heard the sound of children playing. I was surprised on getting out that the neighborhood and the park next door were empty and quiet.

My wife was freaked out enough that she put crosses on all the doorways with blessed chalk and started a regime of prescribed prayers. Her Grandmother was an old Catholic Church lady and knew exactly what to do. She also felt like she might have brought it on by getting a "reading". We eventually moved because the neighborhood was not that great and I suspected impending plumbing issues. That was a difficult time for us professionally and personally. If and how one might have related to the other is open to conjecture. I could never get a straight answer from my next door neighbor who lived in the white house his whole life. But I did gather someone might have died in the house accidentally. He also confirmed that our house was the site of weird goings-on during his childhood.

A note about his (white)house. An old man in the neighborhood told him it was a weekend house for gangsters from nearby Cleveland. Mothers would see them coming in a clouds of dust, fancy cars filled with women and booze and bring their kids in for the weekend. When the old man was a kid (I’m thinking 1910 – 1940 time frame) they used to spy on the gangster parties and once followed a group out to the cliffs where they shot someone and pushed him off into the lake!