REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bigjohnsd

Tom Brady takes a hit, legacy not the same,

Kemo Sabe
Come on guys, take it like big boys. The team has a history of cheating.

Here in Pgh, we lost Big Ben for I think it was 6 games for what turned out to be nothing. He was never charged with anything, but he still had to sit out.

In Bradys case.  If you cant do the time, don't do the crime

Let's see......

Big Ben was accused of raping a women (who he admitted to have having drunken sex with) and Brady is accused of knowing about someone else letting the air out of a football.

Hardly the same kind of issue to most logical thinking folks.......

Yes, and using your bodyguard to help shows a level of premeditation and scumbaggery that should have resulted in jail time.

Exactly.

Kemo Sabe

The Brady/Patriots air pressure penalties are trumping another earthquake in Nepal with the TV talking heads and the social media landscape. Amazing media world we preside in.

Our media needs a good swift kick in the balls. They've taken this thing and made it into something it just isn't, and in the mean time, done a lot of lasting harm to a very good player and gentleman that didn't deserve it.  

I can't help think how the media kept hounding Notre Dame football player Manti Te'O before, during, and after  the NFL Draft a few years ago due to his computer girl friend. My God, why is that anyone else's business? And why did they have to constantly pound on the guy, doing their very best to mentally destroy him ?

It all gets back to this wanting to tear down and burn others whenever the situation arises. I hope Brady legally goes after the NFL, Troy Vincent, Commish Roger  Goodell, and whatever media personal that wrote untruths about him.

gundogpa

Here in Pgh, we lost Big Ben for I think it was 6 games for what turned out to be nothing. He was never charged with anything, but he still had to sit out.

Let's see......

Big Ben was accused of raping a women (who he admitted to have having drunken sex with) and Brady is accused of knowing about someone else letting the air out of a football.

Yes, and using your bodyguard to help shows a level of premeditation and scumbaggery that should have resulted in jail time.

Exactly.

Nothing Ben did ........helped win a football game.

Comparing them is silly.

His punishment was deserved......so what? It has nothing to do with what Brady did.

GB Jack

The Brady/Patriots air pressure penalties are trumping another earthquake in Nepal with the TV talking heads and the social media landscape. Amazing media world we preside in.

Our media needs a good swift kick in the balls. They've taken this thing and made it into something it just isn't, and in the mean time, done a lot of lasting harm to a very good player and gentleman that didn't deserve it.  

I can't help think how the media kept hounding Notre Dame football player Manti Te'O before, during, and after  the NFL Draft a few years ago due to his computer girl friend. My God, why is that anyone else's business? And why did they have to constantly pound on the guy, doing their very best to mentally destroy him ?

It all gets back to this wanting to tear down and burn others whenever the situation arises. I hope Brady legally goes after the NFL, Troy Vincent, Commish Roger  Goodell, and whatever media personal that wrote untruths about him.

I hope Brady does bring it to court, I can't wait to hear the two ball boys being supenaed, especially the one who calls himself

"

The deflator" under oath.

And to

Get tons real phone records. I have a feeling the NFL would love it to. Brady is guilty as hell, of lying. And heel be made to look

Extremely stupid if he pushes this issue, so will

Kraft.

Kansas Bound

a very good article on the subject

Yahoo on Brady

Kemo Sabe

Let's see......

Exactly.

Comparing them is silly.

His punishment was deserved......so what? It has nothing to do with what Brady did.

Nothing Brady did "helped" win that ball game. The score was 45-7, remember? You think letting out a little pressure in a football was the difference? That's foolish.

You're right, comparing them is silly. What Ben did was a felony, and what Brady SUPPOSEDLY DID  involved a rule that has absolutely no merit.

GB Jack

Let's see......

Exactly.

Comparing them is silly.

Nothing Brady did "helped" win that ball game. The score was 45-7, remember? You think letting out a little pressure in a football was the difference? That's foolish.

You're right, comparing them is silly. What Ben did was a felony, and what Brady SUPPOSEDLY DID  involved a rule that has absolutely no merit.

A rule is a rule, whether you think it has merit or not is not relevant. What about far and away the fumble rate of the Patriots being 3x less than any other NFL team?  Is that coincidence?

H is being punished for breaking the rules, then lying about it!!!!

Kemo Sabe

I hope Brady does bring it to court, I can't wait to hear the two ball boys being supenaed, especially the one who calls himself

"

The deflator" under oath.

And to

Get tons real phone records. I have a feeling the NFL would love it to. Brady is guilty as hell, of lying. And heel be made to look

Extremely stupid if he pushes this issue, so will

Kraft.

Jack,

Somewhere I remember you mentioning you played a little football. Do you not remember ever being in a rainy game, where they didn't let a little pressure out of the game ball to make it easier to handle?

This thing is just not a big deal. We are talking about let a little bit of air out of a football. It's not a crime. It's been part of every day football for years.

My own opinion is that Goodell took the easy road here. He didn't want to face up to having a race card coming up in other situations, and came down way to heavy for what supposedly happened.

I mean, clipping is against the rules, and it has been known to hurt other players. It's a far more dangerous rule violation that this letting out some air in a football is. Yet, the penalty is 15 yards in a game, and not losing your starting QB for 4 games, a 1st and 4th round draft choice, and a million bucks.

Kemo Sabe

Great article from a responsible journalist:

k-robert-kraft-nfl-roger-goodell" target="_blank">http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl....goodell

Wingman

(GB Jack @ May 08 2015,6:45)

You want a "

Smoking gun"? I think besides his public ( on the podiums lies) of Brady " not even knowing the ball

Guy" . This is why

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog....in-2007

That's simply someone's fabricated theory, nothing more.

Totally worthless information.

I don't think it's *totally* worthless.

It does *not* prove that Brady or the Patriots have deflated footballs outside of league parameters since 2007 (the year teams could supply their own game balls, after successful lobbying by a number of quarterbacks, including Brady).

It doesn't prove that even if balls were deflated in violation of standard rules, that Brady or the coach or ownership knew about it.

It's a statistical analysis that suggests that since 2007, the New England fumble rate is so much lower than that of similar teams that there about a one in 5,800 chance of it happening at random.

There's a correlation between when the unusually low rate of fumbles began and when New England was able to supply its own game balls. There's also a correlation between under-inflated balls and balls being easier to hold onto.

Correlation, however, does not prove causation.

Perhaps the Patriots have not systematically sought to under-inflate their game balls in an effort to decrease their fumble rates and thereby gain a competitive advantage over teams that followed the rules.

shoot-straight

can we all agree he is guilty? its pretty clear what happened. keep in mind that guilty/ not guilty decision is not "beyond a reasonable doubt", its by the "preponderance of the evidence" (51% is all it takes)...thats for civil litigation.

he was not having the balls deflated for fun. it was to gain an advantage. and ILLEGAL advantage. similar to any other type of ILLEGAL act. baseball has alot of history with this- pine tar, vaseline or other on baseball, corked bats, etc.

he deserves the suspension. and forget mentioning that the score was a blowout in the game so it doesnt mean anything..... to think this was the only time they did this is simply ludicrous (sp). its just the first time they got caught. then he lied about it.

i love this game!

Kemo Sabe

can we all agree he is guilty? its pretty clear what happened. keep in mind that guilty/ not guilty decision is not "beyond a reasonable doubt", its by the "preponderance of the evidence" (51% is all it takes)...thats for civil litigation.

No. That has not been proven.

he deserves the suspension. and forget mentioning that the score was a blowout in the game so it doesnt mean anything.....

The fact that the score was a blowout means  a ton. Or do you think the Colts could/would have won if the there was another half pound of pressure in the ball?

Goodell's penalty for this is way out of wack.

co_setter

Your team cheats.

Based on the amount of cheating my team (Redskins) does, I would expect better results on the field.  Sadly, that's not the case.

shoot-straight

he deserves the suspension. and forget mentioning that the score was a blowout in the game so it doesnt mean anything.....

The fact that the score was a blowout means  a ton. Or do you think the Colts could/would have won if the there was another half pound of pressure in the ball?

Goodell's penalty for this is way out of wack.

you are clearly blinded by your love for that man and his team. according to the NFL it has been proven. thats all that matters in the end....

i think it will be funny if he comes clean or not. my $$$ is that if he comes clean- the suspension will be reduced. if not- it holds firm. my prediction is he will not come clean. hes too stubborn.

i dont think believe the whole report though- it completely exonerates belicheck. no way. that man is a control freak. nothing out of the ordinary goes on without his ok.