FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ANF grousin

2015 ANF Gathering

Zoli 16ga.

OK so all kidding aside, the eating and drinking part I get, no snakes...that's good.

I guess I could throw a hundred bucks or so to someone for a case of shells and borrow a gun???

How does the bird work thingy work?

Don.

Tim Frazier

No money needed, the shooting is just for fun and you can borrow a gun for that if you want.  There will be multiple options.  If you shoot one of my 20ga guns I have LOTS of ammo, so you can burn some of it up.

Typically the dog work is done early as it's cooler out and easier on dog and man.  If there are a lot of guys we'll break down into groups, but size isn't much of an issue as no one is shooting.

We eat/drink/ run dogs multiple time, we just shoot once.  Everyone is safe and obviously no drinking till after shooting and such. There is a nice campground nearby or often someone sets up a tent in Jeff's yard.  Dougs cabin is close as well.

Hope to see you there!

ruffneck

I'm also planning make it

. BTW..where I come from, Corn Hole is a game similar to horse shoes played with bean bag looking things thrown at a board with a hole cut in the center. Object is to get bean bag  in the hole..

Hope that's what ur referring  to ...?

Zoli 16ga.

Err, ya....of course....ahhh, what would one think .....geeze you guys....ah hem...OK I'll try to squeeze it in.....errrr, make it with you guys....I mean you know....try to show up.....ya...that's it....I'll try to show up...with my dog and stuff...stuff meaning camping gear...right fellas?

Geeze you make a new guy nervous!

D.

ANF grousin

BTW..where I come from, Corn Hole is a game similar to horse shoes played with bean bag looking things thrown at a board with a hole cut in the center. Object is to get bean bag  in the hole..

Hope that's what ur referring  to ...?

What happens at camp, stays at camp.

Zoli, shooting takes place at a local gravel pit.  We'll have a couple mechanical throwers along with a hand thrower.  Birds flying in all directions.  There will be multiple people shooting at the same clay.  No scores, just fast shooting as it goes interfere with beer drinking.

Zoli 16ga.

Zoli, shooting takes place at a local gravel pit.  We'll have a couple mechanical throwers along with a hand thrower.  Birds flying in all directions.  There will be multiple people shooting at the same clay.  No scores, just fast shooting as it goes interfere with beer drinking.

Ok, I'll bring some duct tape, velcro, and cardboard....you know....to adjust the comb on a gun......well actually...only the velcro and cardboard is for that ; )

D.

CanoeMountain

You picked a bad weekend for me. Odin and I are running the HZP in York Springs both days. Enjoy your weekend, wish I could have made it.

For those on the fence about going, go. Jeff, Tim, Dick and the others are super people. Doug takes his corn holing pretty serious.

SteelerBrit

Where are you outside Tionesta? My place is up near Russell City. I would be able to stop by and run the dog.

My name is Walt

ANF grousin

CM, bummer you cant make it this year, I was looking forward to watch Odin work his magic.

SB, the gathering his just of Rt 666 at Whig Hill.  You need to stop by for more than just dog work.

irish Eyes

After missing the Catskill get together I was afraid I would have to miss this also. Things worked out and I'll be able to attend. I'll bring the clams. Probably bring a tent again.

Looking forward to it , good times.

ANF grousin
Bob, glad to see you can make it.  The gathering wouldnt be complete without bearded clams and cornholing.  Now if the hurricane season is a dud, maybe you can make out to hunt this fall.

ruffneck

I asked a buddy of mne if he would like to come up also. He is a fellow bird hunter and shooting enthusiast also. Camping in tents is fine with us. I will mention it to our luzianna buddy also. We won't  come up until Saturday  morning. Should arrive sometime afternoon. Bringing a few dogs ,guns, food ,booze and cigars. (Survival gear!)

Hope that's ok?

Al

polecat
I asked a buddy of mne if he would like to come up also. He is a fellow bird hunter and shooting enthusiast also. Camping in tents is fine with us. I will mention it to our luzianna buddy also. We won't  come up until Saturday  morning. Should arrive sometime afternoon. Bringing a few dogs ,guns, food ,booze and cigars. (Survival gear!)

Hope that's ok?

Al

Are you referring to Harold?

ruffneck
Yes. Bob Harold and another friend  of  ours. Mr. Harold is thinking about it.

gunsrus

Mr Harold was truly missed this year , a real gentleman and one hell of a cook .  Please send my regards .

Al