FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MilRob

2015 birds with guns

MilRob
From the dove opener… about 5 miles from the Mexican border. The gun is a Lindner-made Charles Daly twenty gauge.

Doves_2015.JPG

What a beauty!!!  Amazing wood on that gun.  

GJW,   Always love seeing your vast collection of guns!!!!!

DennisMcFeely
278d721b-2130-468b-8ef9-036233ce60a9.jpg

Good start to the 2015 season

Sweet fuc&ing guns.

T-Bone

X2 on those guns!!!

Beautiful Boykin, too; the State Dog of South Carolina.

Tom

robp

Its good to see all these great guns being used for their intended purpose.

GJW- How's Dutchess doing

gjw

Its good to see all these great guns being used for their intended purpose.

GJW- How's Dutchess doing

Hi, well, our beloved Duchess passed away in June.  She was 15 when she went.  My son Jim and I were with her when she passed, she didn't suffer thank God.  My 2 boys and I buried her on our friends farm, overlooking one of the fields that we hunt and where she hunted so well.  So when we go out there, she can watch us hunt those fields and be with us in spirit.  She was quite a dog, and she's been missed.

My other GSP, Raina has some big shoes to fill. She's doing better, her pointing is not the best, she has bumped some birds, but she is steady when they flush, just a matter of time I think. I did bring her to a trainer to work on this and he told me that she can't scent.  I found that to be a bunch of bull.  She has made some nice retrieves in the tall stuff that she didn't mark.  She's also worked on birds that have flushed by her, but she knew they were there.  Just a matter of more experience and time.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts!

Best,

Greg

Burkdog
GJW-  not to butt in but the loss of your hunting buddy is a heart wrencher.  If God made any mistake, it's that our dogs don't live long enough.

gjw
GJW-  not to butt in but the loss of your hunting buddy is a heart wrencher.  If God made any mistake, it's that our dogs don't live long enough.

Thanks so much for the kind words, they are very much appreciated!  Your right, they just don't live long enough.

Thanks again!

Greg

robp
Sorry to hear about Duchess 15 years is a great run. I hope I'm so lucky with my hound.

Ruger1

Taser, my 13 month old GSP and his second ever wild bird but my first of the season with my Browning Superposed Super Light:

DSC_1002_zps5xjnemp0.jpg.

Ruger 1

quailguy

the20bag_zpswdngbtjh.jpg

Yesterday's bag (24 Sep 2015) with my AYA 16 gauge. Not a bad day. It was not TOO hot with a decent breeze, only my hunting pal and me and our dogs were there. Not a great number of doves either. We did get 1 mourning dove along with the normal white wings. We saw some Eurasian collared doves, but never got a shot at one.

My SWAG is that about 90% of the white wings are gone, but almost no mourning doves have arrived from points north.

gjw

Hi all, well this weekend was our duck opener.  Not the best and not the worst.  Yesterday we had high winds (25mp +) and it was hot (in the 80's)not much flying either. It was a clear blue bird day.  I managed to get 4 and my boys each got 1, but we had a good time.

My birds and my 12ga Bernadelli Italia:

DSCN12541.jpg

Will picking up decoys:

DSCN12551.jpg

My boys, Will & Jim:

DSCN12561.jpg

Today was a much better day, went to a different slough, low winds and cooler.  Just Will and I went out, I was able to limit and Will got 3.  Another good day!

I was using my 12ga Merkel 147E today:

DSCN12571.jpg

Will and his trusty 12ga Fabarm Beta Classis:

DSCN12581.jpg

Best to all!

Greg

Catfish

RBL Light 12.

506fb46c9f8dad2fe5572746705ed194_zps8p0b

fa249ebd343b89b7812a661f25aaed33_zpsjhli

Boykin42, is that forend and buttstock on your RBL as mismatched in color as it appears in your photo? If so, I would recommend sending it back to CSM for a better matching forend. I've done it on one of mine and it looked a whole lot better.

Love that Boykin, beautiful dog.

Boykin42

Catfish,

I actually sent the gun back when the first stock had fit problems. They put a new one on and it fits great. I shoot it much better now. Anyway, it does appear a bit darker. Not near as bad as the photo shows. Thanks for the tip.

Slowpokebill

From Saturday's sage grouse hunt. My ninety one year old GH Parker did the job.

161418137.R4eCUVnG.jpg