Sign in to follow this  
MilRob

2015 birds with guns

caleb

Here's my old 31L with a young-of-the-year New York red phase today:

96C3FDE2-63EA-457D-854D-496D8061C548_zps

ThreeDogs

FullSizeRender%2010_zpsfsghvfab.jpg

One of my favorite guns Browning Superposed RKLT in 20 gauge. Not a light gun to carry all day but I love it on doves. The extra weight makes the recoil light and it is a very easy gun to shoot well.

Don Steese
A couple huns and my circa 1915 German 16.

post-1-55842-IMG_0223.JPG.ec5ff772a5f617

gjw

Hi all, well the boys and I went out for a duck hunt today.  It was a good one.  I limited as well as Will.  Jim got a couple, oh well that's hunting.  I managed to shoot a Blue Wing that was banded.  A 2 year old duck banded in Canada.  

My birds and my Bernadelli Italia:

DSCN12601.jpg

No pics of the boys, I left early to pick up our new Springer pup with my wife, and here's Will holding Penney:

DSCN12591.jpg

While Penney is my wife's dog, she's also a field Springer, so, what the heck, I'll hunt her with my Raina.

Best!

Greg

Burkdog
I've been thinking about my next hunting buddy & it's either another Golden or a Springer.  Now that my wife saw the Springer puppy in your hands, I may not have to decide.  I might not be included in the decision making at all.

JoeB

100115%20RH%201.jpg

Opening day woodcock in NY with my 20 ga Beretta 687.

Greg Hartman

A pre-season scratch phez with the featherweight 28 gauge A400.:

10-1-15%20-%2028%20gauge%20and%20phez_zp

hoof

Well you can't see the gun but the boy, the dog, and the birds are all there.

CJoct32015a.jpg

CHAZ

Gunflint Charlie
Catfish,

I actually sent the gun back when the first stock had fit problems. They put a new one on and it fits great. I shoot it much better now. Anyway, it does appear a bit darker. Not near as bad as the photo shows. Thanks for the tip.

I also sent mine back for a better matching forend, and glad I did.

Jay

Boykin42

Jay,

Maybe i should rethink and do likewise, but I will have to wait until the seasons are over.

Zoli 16ga.

A few hunts from this season. should have some more upland pics in couple of weeks....hopefully!

zoli%2016ga.%20and%20geese_zps4ebjhldp.j

M12%20and%20redheads_zps2ubtmen2.jpg

Chase's first duck retrieves

chase%20first%20retrieves_zps4a9ttal1.jp

chase%20and%20phez_zpsrlrqivrx.jpg

Greg Hartman

M12%20and%20redheads_zps2ubtmen2.jpg

Great pics - looks like a good start for the season.  Are you shooting steel out of that nice old M12?  If so, what's the choke, how does it do with steel, etc?

Greg Hartman

Yet another pre-season practice hunt to get Joy as many bird contacts as possible before ruffed grouse open in one more week!

This gun looks much like a 20 gauge, but it is a functional 28 gauge because I use 3/4 oz. loads for this kind of stuff.  Works fine - just like a 28 - enough but not too much.

10-8-15%20-%2020%20gauge%20and%20birds_z

gjw

Hi all, well today was our pheasant opener, it turned out to be a good one.  It was hot however, in the upper 80's, but the wind made it a bit more comfortable.  Still hot for us and the dog.  There were a lot of birds and hunters as well.  It took longer to limit than I thought, but still it was a great time.  Went with my son Will, he managed two and a grouse.  He was not up to snuff, a roll of barbed wire fell on his foot yesterday, so he kind of ended the hunt early.

Anyway, here's my birds and my 12b Purdey:

DSCN12701.jpg

Will and his birds, he was using his 20ga BSS/S:

DSCN12721.jpg

Raina hauling a bird to the pile (she worked well today, she's progressing with each hunt):

DSCN12711.jpg

And the days tally:

DSCN12731.jpg

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Best!

Greg

Birdcountry70
An opening day parrot and my 1940 german guild gun in 16ga.  It also has a set of 8x57jrs rifle barrels and a set that is 16ga x 7x57r and a clawmount Hensolt 4 power scope.  Hopefully I can add it to a 2015 bucks with guns thread in a couple of weeks.           DSCN1409_zpso9tr0bhb.jpg