• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Greg Hartman

2016 Birds With Guns

Greg Hartman
I don't have any yet (maybe this week), but enjoyed this thread to much in 2015, I thought I'd start it up again this year.  Post 'em up!

61bhs
If I could ever master the posting of pictures, I moved six wild quail coveys this morning and managed to bring five birds home.  We didn't shoot into two of the rises due to houses in the way!  We have been into more birds this year than in the past five or six years.  Will hunt the quality area at Jim Edgar tomorrow here in Cass County. Hopefully we will find more wild quail than pheasants!  Last Tuesday we put up six wild roosters, three wild hens an one small covey of quail.  I will take the camera tomorrow and try to post a photo or two?

PartridgeCartridge
If I could ever master the posting of pictures, I moved six wild quail coveys this morning and managed to bring five birds home.  We didn't shoot into two of the rises due to houses in the way!  We have been into more birds this year than in the past five or six years.  Will hunt the quality area at Jim Edgar tomorrow here in Cass County. Hopefully we will find more wild quail than pheasants!  Last Tuesday we put up six wild roosters, three wild hens an one small covey of quail.  I will take the camera tomorrow and try to post a photo or two?

Some wild Bobber pics would be nice. So would some other wild birds.

DTB

A wild Bob from public land is a trophy for me.

RBL 20.P1020775%202_zpsmc43pvh8.jpg

Greg Hartman

I'll say!  Thanks for posting the first pic, Dave!

Greg Hartman

Not a very artistic photo, but they are the first birds of the new year for Chase, Joy and me - from scratch hunting at the club - with 20 gauge Beretta a400 (target weights, etc, removed for field use):

1-5-16%20-%20first%20birds%20of%20the%20

Chesepeakes_Man
Not a very artistic photo, but they are the first birds of the new year for Chase, Joy and me - from scratch hunting at the club - with 20 gauge Beretta a400 (target weights, etc, removed for field use):

1-5-16%20-%20first%20birds%20of%20the%20

Nice way to start the new year Greg ! congrats

Dale

Greg Hartman

A good day in the swamp.

Beautiful birds!!

Yesterday, Chase was on the IR and home on the couch.  Joy did very well by herself.  Scratch hunting can be a bit like real hunting - yesterday was an example.  We only got one bird and we really had to work for it.  28 gauge a400.

1-6-16%20-%20Todays%20harvest%20with%202

juneboy1
A good day in the swamp.

e2386a4e093671ab5962497c3a221044_zpsodsf

909690b065e5e351b8ad28906ced6052_zpsecmc

A dog made for retrieving Woodies!

Jack L

Last rooster of the 2015-16 season with my Yildiz 20 ga

fe1ebdda-1ca7-4be6-ac64-997c3650dde0_zps

GWNFGrouse

7241BC9E-A1DC-45E6-A6D4-9868A55A3D8A_zps

I think the kids say hashtag browning

#browninggoldSL

DennisMcFeely

RBL 20.P1020775%202_zpsmc43pvh8.jpg

Very nice.  Taking a wild bobwhite is a bucket list item of mine.  Same with Mearns.

DTB

That Boykin is sure photogenic !

Here are a couple from today:

The last shot. Our limit bird on the snipe:

52cb2e04-1f05-4614-a9fc-713bf4997a0c_zps

And our first couple shots of the morning:

P1020822%202_zps6ybc8wn4.jpg