FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
polecat

Catskill Gathering 2016

hayslope

I would be remiss if I didn't share a photo of the best t-shirt worn at the gathering. Iver was sporting a shirt that would be coveted by Irishmen and Harley enthusiasts alike!

image.jpeg

hayslope

One more photo.....this is the master of ceremonies, the Polecat himself....surveying his domain with his entourage of grouse dogs!

Thanks again Bob - you throw one helluva bird hunter gathering!

image.jpeg

Zoli 16ga.

Had a blast.......actually more like 725 of them! Need to get a pair of gloves like Dennis, or change my shooting style (it's more like Happy Gilmore v.s the Jack Nicholas style of the other guys)

http://20160717_222748_zpsllhloseg.jpg

Did some marvelous shooting with polecat at the pond, both of us busting clays, bits of clays, and bits of bits. Great shooting, great food, great fruit, with a great bunch of people. 

For those that missed it.....well.....you missed it!

polecat
7 hours ago, hayslope said:

I would be remiss if I didn't share a photo of the best t-shirt worn at the gathering. Iver was sporting a shirt that would be coveted by Irishmen and Harley enthusiasts alike!

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, hayslope said:

image.jpeg

polecat

That was a fine looking shirt. Although I only have a Yamaha 4-wheeler. I did pick up a shirt for Irish Joe in Sturgis last Oct. on my way to Montana. I figure 1 or 2 more UJ events it should fit him well.

polecat
1 hour ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

Had a blast.......actually more like 725 of them! Need to get a pair of gloves like Dennis, or change my shooting style (it's more like Happy Gilmore v.s the Jack Nicholas style of the other guys)

http://20160717_222748_zpsllhloseg.jpg

Did some marvelous shooting with polecat at the pond, both of us busting clays, bits of clays, and bits of bits. Great shooting, great food, great fruit, with a great bunch of people. 

For those that missed it.....well.....you missed it!

Zoli, That was great fun,I actually did burn my hand on the barrel it was so hot.

polecat
8 hours ago, hayslope said:

One more photo.....this is the master of ceremonies, the Polecat himself....surveying his domain with his entourage of grouse dogs!

Thanks again Bob - you throw one helluva bird hunter gathering!

image.jpeg

Tony, I was trying to get a photo of the cool morning fog rising up the mountain as we all sat on our porches enjoying the morning coffee.Thank you for your assortment of top shelf goodies you brought along down to the salt and pepper.  The goods brought to the table by these Upland Journal Folks is  beyond outstanding.

Currently enjoying a BLT/cheese from my first garden tomatoes with the 4 pounds of bacon I brought home (Where is Al when you need um)Power went off right when the first pot of coffee was brewed. Fortunately Delahunters buddy Richard had something up his sleeve and cooked a couple muffin pans of bacon,sausage,egg Muffins on the grill. Grifish will be eating egg salad for a week with the 3 dozen eggs he brought.yep,The power went on just as we were leaving for some Friday morning shooting

DennisMcFeely

Another great time had at Camp Polecat.  Lots of laughs, good food, another one in the books.

irish Eyes

Finally got to a computer connection. Had a great time, thanks all for doing the behind the scene work to get this off. 

Learned how the cottages work. For those who may come next year...... The cottages are reserved by individuals, if you call the office they will tell you that the cottages are all booked. One person may have reserved the cottage but it will sleep 6 or more. You have to contact the reservation holder, via upland journal, and find out from them if there is room in that cottage.

back to praise, ate too much and drank too much. Food was wonderful. Huge salad prepared by Bob, it was mostly a meat fest.

i felt a bit of a slacker as I just opened clams, others smoked meats or fish,home made sausages, Gary's prep on the brisket was awesome....couldn't guess what was in the dry rub. I got up early and Gary was already gone.....had to get the brisket in the smoker early, probably smoked for 12 hours. I saw him take them out of the smoker and said to myself" too bad they are ruined." They looked like charred and burnt to a crisp. When he started to carve them they came alive. Best brisket I ever ate.

again, thanks all. Even remembered some names from two years ago. 

One last comment, there were three ladies there. They shot clays as good as any man there, except maybe Brush Buster, made me want to get home and get my wife to get involved with upland and shooting. What better partner can you find. My hat is off to you ladies.

Don Steese

Every year I tell myself I've got to get to this thing, and never do. My loss!!

Fire Marshal Bill
18 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Every year I tell myself I've got to get to this thing, and never do. My loss!!

Yep, that's me too!!

Huntschool

Man I wish I could have been there.  Sounds/looks like ya all had a ball....

Perhaps next year.  This retirement stuff is killing me....

gunsrus
38 minutes ago, Huntschool said:

Man I wish I could have been there.  Sounds/looks like ya all had a ball....

Perhaps next year.  This retirement stuff is killing me....

Bruce , that little 28 you have would have fit right into our little competition . Bring it next year !!!

Huntschool

Al:

I think you are thinking of the 16 ga Sauer.....

That not withstanding......  Looking forward to trying to get there next year.....