FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

IMPENDING BOARD SOFTWARE CHANGES

northern_hunting_mom

How can we bash mini-vans when so many were converted?

Seriously, a change is inevitable and you are the most qualified to know what is best, Brad. I'm glad that the coffeepot is going to stay on.

Michael Stenstrom
Technology changes faster than any other aspect of our society.  Software in particular.  A one man overseer of a social medium is as rare as buck teeth on a game bird.  I think a go-fund-me site (another web tech that some of the fuddier members may not be aware of yet) might allow members to contribute to the rehab of their favorite clubhouse.  What do you fellow briar stompers think?

fourtrax57
Thanks for your commitment!

GuyO
As one of the old guys, I support any decision you make to allow us to carry on. I don't participate much but stop by several times a day to the best place on the net. Flip the switch and let us know what you need!

gunsrus

I'm old and don't like change mostly cause it takes me a while to figure out this crap . That being said , this board has really influenced my life , adding friends , dogs , guns and a new home in the middle of grouse country . I support anything you do going forward .

Al

casts_by_fly

As one of the younger ones here who uses multiple boards daily across a couple different countries, if you want an extra set of eyes to preview things I am happy to help.  I use multiple browsers and all forms of devices anyway, so cross checking is easy.

The only suggestion I would make with the archives is allow it to be Google searchable. Google is better at searching forums than most forum software providing you tell Google to only search a specific site.  That should cover anyone's need for back info.

Rick

Joel S.
I don't post much but I check the board at least once a day. It's one of the most informative and interesting sources of info on the web for folks like us bird hunting types. I consider myself pretty web-savvy and from the start UJ has been worth visiting. And that is largely because Brad moderates it. I spend more time here than on all my magazine subscriptions combined. I've been a contributing member for a few years, but I'd chip in again to help make up for the early years I didn't contribute.

airmedic1

Just let us know what it cost and I will contribute.

AM

henryrski

I'm pretty much a Luddite when it comes to this computer stuff but I get why change is necessary I support your efforts 100% and will contribute financially.

Just remember "Illegitimi non carborundum". Henry

61bhs
I for one will welcome an easier to post photo Upland Journal and will continue to contribute monetarily!

Don Steese
I for one will welcome an easier to post photo Upland Journal and will continue to contribute monetarily!

If it's going to be easier to post photos I'm all for it!!

Felix

I'm in.  If it's not a big deal to still have access to all the old posts, that would be nice. But if it's any trouble, as others have said, dump it.  It's more important to look forward than back.

Thanks, Brad.

juneboy1
In

frak
This whole internet thing is a fad, but thanks anyway, Brad, for indulging us.  We're here to help when you get a handle on costs etc.

Chesepeakes_Man

I left a couple of other boards and came back here to stay. This  board and it's members are second to none.

I'm in and will shuck a few Pesos to get the new board going.

Thanks for your hard work and commitment Brad.

Dale