• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

IMPENDING BOARD SOFTWARE CHANGES

Snipeaholic
Go man, go!

Fire Marshal Bill
Brad, I'm in. I'm one of the "old farts". I don't engage in a lot of conversations but I visit the board daily. I too didn't understand a word of what you said but I trust your judgment.  Go for it!!

NC Quailhunter

I like a lot of guys have been around here for a while and the leadership has not failed us. I will adjust and figure out the new  format. I am sure it will keep the same feeling of being in camp.

When is this going to take place?

Brad Eden

Thanks for all the support and willingness to crash this new covert. This will happen and be in place by the end of March if all goes as planned.

I finished the Demo for IP Board. Again, outside of some IOS photo uploading issues they say have been corrected with an upgrade or new release expected in a couple weeks, and some inconsistencies, at last administratively, between computer, tablet and smart phones, it looks as good as it gets.

I will still have my hands full learning all the new admin and mod and general board workings when a new Board is loaded, converted etc.

I'm starting to coordinate between my current host and IP Board now as far as accessing files for Conversion, Domains etc., etc.

Ive learned nothing is a sure thing with this digital crap, so stay tuned. When I have a better grasp on the total cost Ill reach out for help to get it funded etc.

Advil please...

Brad Eden

Sidenote.

As this process moves along I am Pruning the Member ranks of folk who haven't been active for a few + years. I want only pertinent and active Member Data to be Converted. Ive already started that process.

Same for Categories, Forums etc. I will be whittling things down a bit.

Wisconsin
Thanks for all the support and willingness to crash this new covert. This will happen and be in place by the end of March if all goes as planned.

I finished the Demo for IP Board. Again, outside of some IOS photo uploading issues they say have been corrected with an upgrade or new release expected in a couple weeks, and some inconsistencies, at last administratively, between computer, tablet and smart phones, it looks as good as it gets.

I will still have my hands full learning all the new admin and mod and general board workings when a new Board is loaded, converted etc.

I'm starting to coordinate between my current host and IP Board now as far as accessing files for Conversion, Domains etc., etc.

Ive learned nothing is a sure thing with this digital crap, so stay tuned. When I have a better grasp on the total cost Ill reach out for help to get it funded etc.

Advil please...

It's official. You are now a "geek". Admittedly an old fart, "clustered geek", but one we still love and recognize as a die hard traditional upland hunter.

I for one welcome an outreach for a one-time "upgrade contribution" above and beyond my annual contribution.

Go for it Brad. Sooner than later. Then we can gather around the pickle barrel and count the days until next fall arrives!

Ken

Deuce

As a younger social media savvy, whatever you called us, I am here to stay. I have a handful of sites that are in my regular repertoire and I don't see UJ going anywhere.

If you need help testing things just holler. I visit UJ on my laptop, phone, and Ipad regularly.

I'll be kicking in to get it up and running too.

Natty Bumpo

It's official. You are now a "geek". Admittedly an old fart, "clustered geek", but one we still love and recognize as a die hard traditional upland hunter.

I for one welcome an outreach for a one-time "upgrade contribution" above and beyond my annual contribution.

Go for it Brad. Sooner than later. Then we can gather around the pickle barrel and count the days until next fall arrives!

Ken

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I'm in too.

I'll add one thought: Consider making a more significant penalty for the "non-contributors" to UJ in the new format. I mean the "hangers on/ free loaders/ lurkers et al" who contribute nothing financially and are mostly worthless otherwise.  Make it read only for them??

It's put up or shut up time.

NB

FIGHTONSC

I'm new to UJ, I'm a geezer, and I'm in!!

Thanks Brad for all of your hard work!

Best regards,

Jeff

dow
As a younger social media savvy, whatever you called us, I am here to stay. I have a handful of sites that are in my regular repertoire and I don't see UJ going anywhere.

If you need help testing things just holler. I visit UJ on my laptop, phone, and Ipad regularly.

I'll be kicking in to get it up and running too.

X2

Kansas Bound

Ken

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I'm in too.

I'll add one thought: Consider making a more significant penalty for the "non-contributors" to UJ in the new format. I mean the "hangers on/ free loaders/ lurkers et al" who contribute nothing financially and are mostly worthless otherwise.  Make it read only for them??

It's put up or shut up time.

NB

That might be a little harsh.  I think all members create such a great forum although I do recommend everyone to join.

Brad Eden
Im generally not planning to fix what aint broke. The Member Group structure will likely remain relatively the same. Voluntary donations resulting in some extra privileges. Ive kept it that way for many moons because there are a wide range of Members, regardless of Group/financial support that "contribute" to the online community. That eclectic mix is what has made this board so interesting.

Remo
Sayyyyyyyyy, did I read you'll dump our old posts?  Then past lies wouldn't haunt us?  I'm going to reinvent myself, I'm a great shot, trained perrrrrfect dogs, quite handsome too, in an upland sort of way. Yeah, that's it.

Cooter Brown

It's a brave new world, as they say.  In retrospect keeping up with all the changes and changing when it would have been easier would have been nice, but it's damned tough to keep up with all this stuff.

Too bad we'll lose some of the stuff posted here over the years but that's the way of things these days.

It's not just at UJ that a lot of info is being lost--millions of images and documents are now on media that degrades over time or will eventually be--or already is--in a state where it can't be practically accessed.  Who can read a 5.5 inch floppy disc now?  CDs degrade over time.  I heard an NPR report the other day that it's taken a great deal of luck and hard work to save some important images and documents from the space program--and only because one person decided to take home a couple of machines that were in a NASA dumpster.  Those were the only devices existing that could read the data.

But I've got thousands of prints and negatives showing my family from the last part of the 19th century on and you can still pull a print from a Mathew Brady negative.  Progress.

Let me know if I can help.

Chesepeakes_Man

Brad,

I read the entire first post but I have one question. Will each existing member from this board need to manually join the new board or will the existing member list be converted to the new board from your end ?

Sorry if I missed the information.

Dale