FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

UPDATES on BOARD CHANGE

salmontogue

I greatly appreciate your hard work on the board.  Although I have been here just a few months, I am enjoying it immensely.

Perk

Brad Eden
I greatly appreciate your hard work on the board.  Although I have been here just a few months, I am enjoying it immensely.

Perk

Thanks Perk.

All the Members who still darken the UJ doorway keep me motivated, and its new Members like you who stumbled upon UJ after 14 years that remind me, that despite compromise from social media giants, this "traditional" discussion community still has value and credibility.

terrym

Perk

Thanks Perk.

All the Members who still darken the UJ doorway keep me motivated, and its new Members like you who stumbled upon UJ after 14 years that remind me, that despite compromise from social media giants, this "traditional" discussion community still has value and credibility.

Value and credibility? You are being too modest. The knowledge and experience here is fabulous and you and your post holer do a great job of slapping us upside the head when needed.

Kansas Bound
Brad are you still optimistic about the change?

Brad Eden
Brad are you still optimistic about the change?

Cautiously optimistic...ill scribe an update sometime soon. Its coming to a head...

Allen McCallie

Both boils and beer come to heads; I hope its the latter....

Allen

Brad Eden

OK, OK...hold onto your blaze Upland Journal caps...

Most issues uncovered on Test Conversion have been noted by the "Converters" aka IP Board Custom Services, and other issues resolved.

Next step is for my current host to provide IP Board Custom Services with new and current UJ Board Data/Files. Then IP will completely wipe out the Test Conversion and implement the Full Conversion, being cognizant of and fixing issues found previously.

* From the point my hosts prepares current UJ Board files and when I can open New Board to Members could be a day or weeks. So, any activity on the current board during that time span will be lost. That's a pay off to having all the content we have accumulated over 14 years to be intact and workable. I will need time to do a slew of Admin/Moderating functions that are too lengthy to mention, in addition to a lot of reformatting of Forums, topics and color/design themes.

I am keeping this board live during that period and even beyond opening new board. I will likely close down the majority of Forums here to Read Only, leaving just a few open through the transition. I will not have current host delete this board until I am confident we are out of the woods.

General time-frame for this to commence is mid next week.

And...I will be starting a tin cup plea Topic today most likely. When this is over I will likely be 2 months past the deadline I was given by current host to remove this board from their server, so am now paying upwards of $300/month just to host this board. (This reflects how badly this board/Ikonboard PERL sofwtare sucks the snot out of a server) And I need to pay for the actual Conversion and interaction between current host and IP Board Services. My time is at a greatly reduced rate...

Jake
Brad, are you saying we may need to have another drive for contributions. Don't visit nearly often enough but when I do it is always informative and a pleasure. Thank you for all your hard work.

Brad Eden

I'm pulling the trigger starting tomorrow: Wednesday 4/13/16 in AM. In other words Ive given the nod to my current host to prepare and provide current UJ Board data/files to the IP Board Custom Services so they can perform a Final Conversion.

This Board will remain Open through this process and beyond and will only be completely deleted when I am confident we are out of the woods with new board.

NOTE...I may render some Forums here Read Only during this Conversion process and leave other Forums open.

Understand....From the point my current host prepares/provides those files, and when I am ready to open and invite Members to new board could be a day, two, week etc. There is considerable admin/mod/layout/Category/Forum work that needs to be done before opening a new board after a Conversion. So, all activity on this board during that time span will not be included in the new board.

If all goes as planned all Member User Names and Passwords should work, all current Topics since the beginning will remain and the Search function should work. Not sure if Avatars will convert and PM's will NOT convert.

I will likely create a New Board Help Forum on new board because we are bound to have a lot of angst and teeth gnashing.

JUST REMEMBER, BEFORE LAMENTING ABOUT LOSING THIS FAMILIAR THREAD WORN BOARD...I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO CHANGE TO A NEW BOARD..as described in the original Board Software Topic.

The why the hell do we have to change Board Software Topic

And thank you to Members who have made dedicated Donations towards this Change. That is really helping.

Wisconsin

"I'm pulling the trigger starting tomorrow: Wednesday 4/13/16 in AM."

Remember, shoot where it's going to be, not where it's been!

Ken

PS - I shot you a "change donation" today.