FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
blanked

Ram truck reliability

salmontogue

My family is in agribusiness in two western and one mid-western state.  They run over two hundred pickups.  Most are one ton srw diesels.  The best, by far, are the Ram/Cummins with many reaching 300K miles.  The few gas trucks are Rams and Fords.  They gave up on GM due to reliability issues.

My own experience with Ram diesels is excellent.

dogrunner
My family is in agribusiness in two western and one mid-western state.  They run over two hundred pickups.  Most are one ton srw diesels.  The best, by far, are the Ram/Cummins with many reaching 300K miles.  The few gas trucks are Rams and Fords.  They gave up on GM due to reliability issues.

My own experience with Ram diesels is excellent.

My neighbors isn't he has had 2 and is constantly working on them, rear ends, trans, injectors, wheel bearings. YMMV.

terrym
We have 8 sales reps including me who drive Rams with normal repairs. Mileage is great. We don't beat on them but they are high mileage tools. We really have no complaints with them. Most pickup drivers rarely use the capacity and use them as daily drivers.

Riffle Runner
I work with several oil & gas outfits in Ohio and western PA.  The industry has taken a beating with the slump in prices and many customers are dumping their service fleets of pickups on the used vehicle market.  Might be an opportunity to pick up a new to you truck if you do the homework on the maintenance practices of the company.

MN Tonester

a Ram 1500 ecodiesel. It has great power and in 4x4 I avg 24.5mpg and get 30mpg on the highway

that is amazing.  quite a selling point IMO.

Have owned two (albeit ancient) Ford pickups.  The last a '91 - what drummers stump said; constant electrical problems.  I'm sure they have improved immensely since then.

WhatsDaPoint

Have had my 2016 Ram Mega Cab for a month now. Everything has worked flawlessly so far. 

Ordered the manual transmission and had an aux fuel tank installed in spare tire location. This gives me 900 mile + range with reserves. 

Cap is from www.caravancamper.com

wheels are AEV saltas and tires are BFG ko2s. 

Next mod will be a www.decked.com system for the bed. 

My first diesel and so far I love it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

River19
On 7/12/2016 at 2:54 PM, WhatsDaPoint said:

Have had my 2016 Ram Mega Cab for a month now. Everything has worked flawlessly so far. 

Ordered the manual transmission and had an aux fuel tank installed in spare tire location. This gives me 900 mile + range with reserves. 

Cap is from www.caravancamper.com

wheels are AEV saltas and tires are BFG ko2s. 

Next mod will be a www.decked.com system for the bed. 

My first diesel and so far I love it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice rig.  How do you like the KO2s on the Ram?  Not too noisy on the highway?  I have a 2014 2500 with the 6.4L leveled and currently running 35" Nittos which I can't wait to get rid of......not sure why anyone buys Nittos.......they wear like soft cheddar.

Thanks

WhatsDaPoint

So far they have been great. I have 11000 miles so far. They performed flawlessly on the white rim trail in Moab 3 days after I bought truck. 

I have not noticed any highway noise. 

I did just order an aluminess rear bumper so I have a way to carry a spare. http://www.aluminess.com/dodge/dodge-ram-2010-2013/rear-bumper/

WhatsDaPoint

Almost have my truck where I want it. Will replace main fuel with 55 gallon titan tank giving me 85 gallon diesel available under the bed. 

Aluminess rear bumper holds the spare and a cargo box that holds 3 full jerry cans for fuel/water. 

My BFG KO2 tires have performed well but are worn out at 30000 miles. Going to try nitto exo grapplers next. 

Another nice truck if you are shopping. Single cab, diesel, stick, AEV prospector XL package. attachment.php?attachmentid=21296&d=1485

Superbelley

Got my 17 ram last week. 2200 down 199.96 a month on a lease. 305 horsepower V6.

ThomGordon

Excellent lease rate

Enjoy!

whiskyjack

I drive a 2014 Ram w/Hemi. Very nice riding truck. 111,000KM on it, no issues as yet. (Knock on wood LOL)

I get 25 miles/gallon on the highway. I love the MDS setting on the highway, hit my cruising speed, set cruise control and the ECO setting kicks in.

That drops 4 of the 8 cylinders out. However, when needed, stomp on the gas and instantly all 8 are firing again.

With Nokian tires it has performed flawlessly in snow and ice. Last October we had a dump of 12 inches of snow overnight while waaaaaaaay back in the bush.

Easily broke trail as we moved from camp down some logging roads to our next moose swamp.