FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bennelli-banger

think I have found my next rig...

Brad Adrian
Yup. and I like to be able to scratch a dog when I feel like it.

Brad Adrian
And if you are a passenger in my truck, you had better like dogs. There will be one between us.

bennelli-banger
actually, the bed is 69"....don't know what it means, but according to cars direct.com, the "target price" for this rig is 37.5k...again, means nothing I am sure...

Brad Adrian
72 would be 6 foot.

bennelli-banger
72 would be 6 foot.

yup, it is 5.75 feet long...

Up North
I would measure how long 2 crates you use are! I know alot of them will not fit in that box.

Bede
Congrats!  Enjoy your new wheels!  Those are very nise looking trucks, too.  

I admit to suffering from truck envy as I rattle around in my old POS Jeep, but the price is right and it gets me there.

Too bad the Jeep wasn't parked in your shed!  :)

Just trying to make light of a tough situation!

bennelli-banger
I would measure how long 2 crates you use are! I know alot of them will not fit in that box.

the ones I am buying are 32" long...the bed is 69" long, but with the room in the rear of the cab and the seats folded up, I think I can stow a few dogs in that area as well if I had  to.

terrym

With My Ram Quad cab the dog always rides in the cab with me. If he's filthy and stinks he rides in a crate and if not too rank he rides on the bench or passenger seat. Granted he's only a Brittany but even if I had a 100lb lab it would still ride shotgun mostly. My dog is my buddy and if it's -20 or 85 degrees he has heat or AC. Many scoff at that but I don't care.

A full sized 1/2 ton with a cap on it is about as versatile as it gets. Those new Chevy trucks look great and they get excellent reviews. You wont regret the purchase.

bennelli-banger
With My Ram Quad cab the dog always rides in the cab with me. If he's filthy and stinks he rides in a crate and if not too rank he rides on the bench or passenger seat. Granted he's only a Brittany but even if I had a 100lb lab it would still ride shotgun mostly. My dog is my buddy and if it's -20 or 85 degrees he has heat or AC. Many scoff at that but I don't care.

A full sized 1/2 ton with a cap on it is about as versatile as it gets. Those new Chevy trucks look great and they get excellent reviews. You wont regret the purchase.

yup...that is how it will go down with me as well...I crate some dogs, depending....usually there are a few crated, but frankly, I have been on a few trips where there are 5 or 6 dogs uncrated in the bed of a pickup that has a topper....not my normal mode, but I have no concerns about having a crew cab short box in terms of transporting 4 or 5 dogs...

Wirehair

I'm pretty sure my next truck will be new. Always bought used but after buying my last dodge that was 4 years old and then rep lacing tires, brakes ,shocks, and so on... and not having a warranty it starts to make a new truck look nice.

I bought a Ruff Tough crate last year and really like it. Most of the time the dog rides in the cab though. Sure is nice having smaller dog(french Brittany ).