• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

WELCOME to the new UJ Board!

Brad Eden

Hello there, If you are reading this you have successfully Signed-In to the new UJ Board. Congratulations!

Please understand this is still a "work-in-progress" and I am learning the functionality as are you, with the addition of some very confusing and advanced Administration and Moderating and Member capabilities. I could use another month to learn everything, but I have to open the gates and deal with reality...sometime...and retire old board.

I WILL ASK THIS. I'm not looking for anyone to 'Beta Test' this new board necessarily. Ive spent considerable time trying to resolve problems and don't have the energy to be piled on. In other words please don't go crazy uploading huge amounts of photos, videos etc., etc. Id prefer we just carry on with some finesse, and deal with issues and hurdles as they occur....calmly and methodically.

OF NOTE:

We lost about 2 weeks of "content" in between the old board data being provided to this Invision Power Service Board and the Conversion.

I am going to populate this Board in batches rather than open the floodgates. Starting with the Contributing Member Group and then Members...just to keep things organized and not overwhelming.

I am keeping this Board Private until most Registered Members have pitched their tent. But if you choose to be 'remembered' at Sign-In you shouldn't have to sign in every time. In time I will open some if not most Forums or Guests to Read, and Register etc., etc.

Your PM's did not Convert.

Some Avatars Converted, some did not. Depending on your Group, adding a new Avatar is a simple upload or drag and drop in your Profile.

Your Post count did not Convert so we are all Newbies in a sense, although all past content did Convert. CORRECTION, Post Counts did Convert and are under avatar area.

As I learn the functionality i will likely add some Subforums for more specifics like Vet Care, Pointing, Flushing etc., etc., as well as a sidebar for Ad sponsors, Events, etc. As I learn how...

This is a 'stand alone' board and can't be "embedded" in the UJ site/Upland Talk page like the old one. This is also a function of its mobile friendliness. But the odl UJ website (not the board) will remain on original Server (with Donation page and Gear Page) and a nice masthead/banner will be placed on the Upland Talk page in place of the old board and act as a direct link to this board.

I plan to officially retire the old board as in remove, delete, blow up by May 15th. And will be closing down Forums to Read Only in increments. This will cause me to pay for another two weeks of server/hosting, but will allow a bit of time to adjust.

There will be more, but I want to say that if anyone gets frustrated, angry, bummed out that we had to change, please review my original and lengthy...Board Conversion Topic and understand I literally had no choice if this UJ Online Community was to survive.

Thanks!

Brad Eden

Testing Contributing Member iPhone photo upload. First I tried failed. This one worked...it's a process...

image.jpeg

Brad Eden

I may have been wrong about Post counts from old board not converting. It looks like they show up under Avatar area.

hayslope

Sweet!  I like the new look!!

jsd245

Howdy - I'm here 

gaberdeen

Wow. Glad to be here! I'll explore the new board more tonight when I'm more awake.

Brad Eden

I just "liked" the last two posts...not sure how I feel about that...

Flyline

Just made it over. It's going to be raining here for the next four or five days, so will have plenty of time to get comfortable. Thanks, Brad!

Cooter Brown

Here I is, 'Panky!

I'm not wild about the "Like" function myself.  If we're voting here.

And speaking for a lot of folks around here I'm sure, we appreciate what must have been a hell of a lot of work.

Edited by Cooter Brown

hayslope

I just tried it on my phone as well............MUCH better!

Brad - you might have to hire a contractor.......to add everyone's avatar back!!  That has to be a LOT of work!!

Brad Eden
7 minutes ago, hayslope said:

I just tried it on my phone as well............MUCH better!

Brad - you might have to hire a contractor.......to add everyone's avatar back!!  That has to be a LOT of work!!

Actually, you should be able to go to upper right and click arrow next to name. click Profile from drop down menu and you will see your avatar area/circle on far left. There will be an icon that when clicked will allow you to browse or attach a photo for Avatar. Another Member was having trouble accessing that Profile, but I was able to log in as him and had no problem.

Keith

Looks great! Hopefully will have a little more time to explore in the coming week.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Cooter Brown

Well there's my avatar.  Not hard to do.

Brad, that's a tiny file which I was using on the old board.  If I reduce it less from the original would the quality be better?

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, Cooter Brown said:

Well there's my avatar.  Not hard to do.

Brad, that's a tiny file which I was using on the old board.  If I reduce it less from the original would the quality be better?

Good job. Id prefer ALL uploads are small...to save on Server space/cost...but this board has auto sizing for the most part. I think it looks pretty good on my end...ole Rebel...

Cooter Brown

Good.  If I upload the whole file will it optimize it for viewing as well as server space?  Or does it store the whole file and only display the resize?

I'm already compiling a long list of suggestions.  Three pages so far.