Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

WELCOME to the new UJ Board!

Brad Eden
2 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

Good.  If I upload the whole file will it optimize it for viewing as well as server space?  Or does it store the whole file and only display the resize?

I'm already compiling a long list of suggestions.  Three pages so far.

I have no frickin idea. Im a commercial artist who has no programming or coding expertise at all. Im winging this like everybody else. Luckily this board has a Support Staff/System so Im not flailing in the breeze like I was with oldboard. Not as much at least. 

Cooter Brown
1 minute ago, Brad Eden said:

I have no frickin idea. Im a commercial artist who has no programming or coding expertise at all. Im winging this like everybody else. Luckily this board has a Support Staff/System so Im not flailing in the breeze like I was with oldboard. Not as much at least. 

I'll leave it the way it is.  I've always resized my stuff anyway before I upload to PhotoSuckit.

First quote on the site!  Odd that it only quotes your portion--but there is a multi-quote function.

You should send them support folks some steaks or something.  I imagine you've had 'em jumpin'.

WPG Gizmo

You had to start this right before Turkey season started :D

Like the look and feel not sure about the "Like This" button

gaberdeen

I couldn't get an avatar to upload from my IPad but jumped on my iPhone and it worked fine. Go figure. 

Brad Eden

IPad photo upload...

image.jpg

Becassier

I'm aboard...

Flyline

Can't get the avatar to take. Went to profile, etc. and tried to drag and drop from photos on my Mac. Wouldn't take it. That's OK, on the old board, I was never able to upload photos into posts. Dang technology.......Any clues

Brad Eden

Not sure Flyline. If a viable JPEGS, or a Gif they should take. Email me a photo and I'll try, if it will let me. brad@uplandjournal.com

Brad Eden

The board was offline just now for a short spell. Support did a minor security upgrade...imagine that...the old board hadn't seen an upgrade since 2006.

OH Grouser

I'm in...at first glance it looks good to me so far, Brad. Hopefully this will be a little easier to navigate and learn than the stupid ERP system at work.

Not sure about the 'like' function either, but we'll live with whatever you put together. Welcome to the new and improved UJ!

Roger

olddog22202

Brad, great new look and thanks for the sweat and time you have put in getting this launched.

Mike

Greg Hartman

Woo hoo!  I'm here!  Thanks for doing this, Brad.  Too tired now to mess around with it (get up at 4:00 with my wife), but I will tomorrow.  Yippee!!

Wisconsin

I made it to the new UJ home. Look what we can do now! Lots of new tools! Will be able to emphasize and spell all words correctly! B|

Cooter Brown
24 minutes ago, Wisconsin said:

I made it to the new UJ home. Look what we can do now! Lots of new tools! Will be able to emphasize and spell all words correctly! B|

1 hour ago, Greg Hartman said:

Woo hoo!  I'm here!  Thanks for doing this, Brad.  Too tired now to mess around with it (get up at 4:00 with my wife), but I will tomorrow.  Yippee!!

And there, as they say, goes the neighborhood.

Double quote, baby!!!

Edited by Cooter Brown

Uplander

Having a little issue right sizing my Avatar, but otherwise, looking good!