FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

WELCOME to the new UJ Board!

hayslope
13 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Actually, you should be able to go to upper right and click arrow next to name. click Profile from drop down menu and you will see your avatar area/circle on far left. There will be an icon that when clicked will allow you to browse or attach a photo for Avatar. Another Member was having trouble accessing that Profile, but I was able to log in as him and had no problem.

Once again.....I like this new board!!  You da man!!!!

After this is all over with.....and we've all assimilated to this "new porch"......you'll have to write down all the trials and tribulations YOU had to go through to get this conversion done.........I'm sure there's much more to share with us than what you previously posted.

I know that major software changes at work seem to make some folks' aging process speed up (or at least seem to change their personality!).

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, hayslope said:

Once again.....I like this new board!!  You da man!!!!

After this is all over with.....and we've all assimilated to this "new porch"......you'll have to write down all the trials and tribulations YOU had to go through to get this conversion done.........I'm sure there's much more to share with us than what you previously posted.

I know that major software changes at work seem to make some folks' aging process speed up (or at least seem to change their personality!).

You mean problems like all 3000+- Member User Names not converting on Test Conversion...or that no Member Passwords would work when Final Conversion was completed...or that the Conversions kept bombing out because of so much content from old board that needed to be processed? There's more.

Brad Eden

I am going to continue Inviting UJ Members over in increments.  Basically randomly, not trying to play favorites etc.

The more time it takes to get this board cranking the more content gets posted on old board that cant be brought over. I may start closing down some Forums on old board to Read Only.

hayslope
47 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

You mean problems like all 3000+- Member User Names not converting on Test Conversion...or that no Member Passwords would work when Final Conversion was completed...or that the Conversions kept bombing out because of so much content from old board that needed to be processed? There's more.

Yep - I'm sure you'll have some stories to tell............!

Just picture it.........you'll be sitting on the deck with a microbrew in hand, talking with a grandson.........."Sonny, I remember back in '16 when working on that damn Final Conversion............

bmeador

It looks real good Brad!  Time to explore...

Brad Eden

Good to see you Sandy!

ruffneck

Got it. 

TTSpringers

Made it to the new frontier!  Thanks Brad.  You definitely deserve some quality turkey hunting relaxation!

Wisconsin

New Avatar, check.

Attach photo, check.

Busterbvistapothole1b.jpg

Tiger MT's Carter

Thanks Brad.

JustinCase

Thanks for your help resetting the password.  Looking forward to exploring this new world.

cockerman

Clocked in. I will have to figure out the avatar upload. This is my first stop but I will take some time to sort through.

Heck of an undertaking Brad.

Brad Eden

I invited 30 or so Members yesterday and will invite another batch today. They have been filtering in. Populating this board has been compromised by a Password issue for many of them. This was an issue revealed after Final Conversion that was supposed to have been fixed. Im resetting or reassigning Passwords upon request. I am waiting to hear from the folks who did Conversion to see if this can be resolved. If not, some late nights because I am determined to retire the old board by middle of May, mainly because of the cost of keeping it on Server.

Brad Eden

As mentioned by a crafty UJer on the Password Tally Topic, some Members who cant sign-in are clicking the Forgot Password link at sign-in and are emailed a link to a field where they can reset their Password. This may save me a hell of a lot of time if Custom Services cant fix this.9_9

Brad Eden

Well, folks are streaming in now that we figured out the "Lost Password" function works. I am still hoping to get the problem fixed. We'll see.

Ive invited 75+- UJers over today. If things continue to roll along, Ill continue those invites in batches every day.

Great to see some familiar faces come through the door!

A Reminder: The goal is to retire the old Board by May 15th so you will see Forums there start to become Read Only. None of the content/Topics/Replies from April 13th on are Converted to this board. A product of the "lull" between Final Conversion and this Boards Testing and Prep. Note, PM's did not migrate.