• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

WELCOME to the new UJ Board!

SaltCityJeff
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Ive invited 75+- UJers over today. If things continue to roll along, Ill continue those invites in batches every day.

Good!!! I am bouncing back and forth between the old and new right now - will be nice to have all conversations back in a single spot! No pressure though, it isn't a big issue by any means. I understand you've got a lot on your plate!

Edited by SaltCityJeff

Woodruffie

Made it. As a hands-on learner I hope I don't mess things up too much. It's nice to see some old names makes the new neighborhood more comfortable. My goal this year is to be able to upload pictures myself. My boys and grandkids do it for me now. They think ultrasound pictures are old technology. Think I'll take my setter Pepper and go for a walk, raised eyebrow and all:-) 

Greg Hartman
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, Cooter Brown said:

And there, as they say, goes the neighborhood.

Double quote, baby!!!

Heyyy....

(trying the quote function here)

Edit: OK - that didn't work.  Will try again.

Edited by Greg Hartman

Brad Eden

Wow, its great to see some familiar faces successfully rolling in...

Greg Hartman
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, Cooter Brown said:

And there, as they say, goes the neighborhood.

Double quote, baby!!!

I can't get this multi-quote thing to work (so much for being a computer God :( ).  Cooter: How do you include the entire string of quotes in a reply?

Brad Eden

I need to take some down time from this process, do a burn out back, pay attention to the dogs, start to build a Platform for JoAnn's TV in her new "lady cave", scout turkeys, try and catch some Brookies in the hidden pond across the street, go to dump/recyling center, etc.,etc. Ill keep checking to help folks get signed in though, and If I have time Ill try and invite some more batches of UJers over later this aft or evening.

To the new arrivals, muddy boots and wet and dirty dogs are welcome, coffee and beer tap is on, pee outside to save on water, and mark your best covers onthe big map on the wall...

Cooter Brown
35 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

I can't get this multi-quote thing to work (so much for being a computer God :( ).  Cooter: How do you include the entire string of quotes in a reply?

Greg, the multi quote allows you to quote from more than one post.  Click on the "+" symbol next to the Quote button.

As you've discovered, when you quote a post that contains a text box with another quote in it, that original quote in the text box does not transfer.  That leaves the secondary quote out of context. 

It's annoying.  The work around is to use the multi quote function which could get cumbersome with a long string.

Greg Hartman

OK. I guess I was trying to do something that can't be done.

This is from my iPhone just to see if it works.

Brad Eden

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. (Might be some Quote adjustment in Admin area, but I havent come across it yet.)

Cooter Brown

Go fishing, Mr. Cranky Pants!

Brad Eden

Just invited about 75 UJers over. Looks like over half of Members Passwords wont work on sign-in. I am resetting for them or they are using the forgot password function and showing up. Not ideal, but is what it is. So, naturally I cant open floodgates and have 100's of Members trying to sign-in, contacting me, and flooding the Forgot password function. Still waiting to see if that has a fix.

Welcome to those shuffling through the door.

Michael Stenstrom

Finally got time to check back.  Got in no problem this morning.  Good looking format.  I will have to play with my avatar next.

jbeck

The new forum looks great, Brad!  I love the mobile-friendly format!  Nice work!

Jazz4Brazo

Made it here OK!

Fire Marshal Bill

I made it in! Great job Brad, I like it!