2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

WELCOME to the new UJ Board!

salmontogue

Great work Brad

I go off to the Allagash Wilderness Waterway for an extended canoe camping trip and when I come back everything has changed but in a very good way.  Now all I have to do is learn the process here.  This is sometimes tough on us oldsters.

Brad,  Thank you for all your hard work.  I really enjoy UJ.

Perk

Brad Eden

I guess the sign-in glitch cant be fixed. Its a byproduct of a very challenging Board Conversion that IPS Custom Services performed. Some Members can sign-in, many need a reset by me or through the "Forgot Password" function.

So, I am continuing to invite Members over in increments of 25 per group PM-so the sign in system doesn't get overloaded. I Just invited 50 more a few minutes ago. So far a couple hundred have been notified. When I think Ive made a good dent Ill end up opening the floodgates on old board in time to retire the old board by May 15th.

Yup, thats the story.

Brad Eden

I think Ive PM'd all current Contributing Members. It got scattered, and I wasn't very methodical. Sorry if I missed anybody.

I plan to start the major invite of Members tomorrow, also in increments because of the sign-in/Password issue for some if not many. 

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE NOT ANNOUNCING THE NEW BOARD/URL ON OLD BOARD. I just cant risk overloading the system with a mass arrival of Members. (Believe me...I will be subject to indignation but am doing what I think is best to stabilize the new Board)

When I feel confident I have invited the majority of Members who log-in to old board recently and frequently I will post the URL openly on old board prior to the "end of life" on May15th.

MAArcher

My feelings are hurt that I wasn't the first one invited to the new board.  How do I subtract a reputation point from Brad?  Actually, what's a reputation point and how do they work?

Brad Eden

As soon as a find that stupid reputation deal, Im disabling it. Gonna keep the Like thingy...maybe it will keep some of the Facebook fanatics happ-ier...

and, I needed to get the board somewhat populated and stabilized before I invited over the PIA's and all that entails.:D

MAArcher

If there's a way you can replace the reputation spot with location, that would be cool.  I liked how it was easy to see where someone lived and how that related to what they were saying.  Mostly noting the difference between us east coasters and those who come from places with a little more elbow room.

frak

Trying an iPad upload . . .

so am I loading a big 2+ Meg file, or does the board know to skinny it down?

image.jpeg

bryson72

Thanks for you hard work! Everything looks good.

Brad Eden

I just invited a slew of Members. Got to go run errands and scout for turkeys for some friends and JoAnn. Will get back on and deal with sign-in issues later this morning.

UplandHntr

looks good in here, is there a "New Posts" tab somewhere?

Skybuster

Brad, you might try a test run with the calendar. I had problems trying to enter the dates for the Midwest UJ Fest. As above, a "new post" tab would be great.

Brad Eden

I havent looked at Calender yet. There is an "Unread Content" link above Board that will have to do as "New Post" function. As far as most requests that you don't already see.....is what it is...I didnt write the code for this board...B|

wcpeabody

Brad

Congrats, I am sure this was a huge amount of work and not an easy task!

Brad Eden

I was able to add the 2016 UJ Midwest Fest to Community Calender with start and end dates. You need to click off the "single day" event box. This looks really cool. I think we can add photos in albums etc for Events.

grouse28

Nice, Brad, I think we will all like this new format. Some may actually "like" it.

Thanks for all your hard work, go get a Gobbler!